A Few New Braced Bends Tonight

Tim71

Well, I haven't done much braced bending lately, the gripper bug has had me pre-occupied but I decided it was time to have a good old fashion session like I used to have. Paul's excellent streak really motivated me (thanks Paul!).

For starters I did a couple warmups of a 80d spiral and a keystone 80d. Then I decided to go for the stock that Tim I sent me. I did have the ol' video cammera rolling too on this one. Started with a 1/2 inch by 10 inch piece and I knew I could get it but I was kinda suprised how quick I got it.

Next I cut a piece of 11 inch that he sent me down to 9 inches. I THOUGHT I could get this but wasn't 100% sure. It felt solid and I did get it and I just reviewed the tape with the counter and it was slightly over 4 minutes. Part of that was I stopped to measure when I thought I had it so then I had to re-wrap so all in all I was happy with it. That next inch will be the huge challenge for me.

That was the best bend of the night but I did one more that I've held back. It's the only bolt like it I have as it was a loner in the bin but it's a 8 inch by 7/16 inch G2 bolt which is nothing unusual but what is unusual is that it has no plating or galvanizing to it. The finish is about like a keystone spike which makes it a really cool looking piece. I'd love to have more like it but that's all I could ever find.

Now, I have to hook up my DVD recorder again and transfer it to DVD which I hope to do later this week then it will take about a week to reach David in the UK so don't look for it on the list real soon but it will be on it's way and the bends were done tonight.

Good night all around!

Tim

Oh yeah, the 9 incher is fairly off center which I kinda thought it was by how it felt. Also, I did get the 10 down to parallel which I always like the looks of. That made it 1 7/8 inch.

Here's the pics:

Braced Spike bends

Edited by Tim T

Great bends Tim!!!! That G2 is really weird, I've never seen one like that but it's definitely cool. Is there any strength difference between that and a regular one? Can't wait to see the videos!!!

Well, I haven't done much braced bending lately, the gripper bug has had me pre-occupied but I decided it was time to have a good old fashion session like I used to have. Paul's excellent streak really motivated me (thanks Paul!).

For starters I did a couple warmups of a 80d spiral and a keystone 80d. Then I decided to go for the stock that Tim I sent me. I did have the ol' video cammera rolling too on this one. Started with a 1/2 inch by 10 inch piece and I knew I could get it but I was kinda suprised how quick I got it.

Next I cut a piece of 11 inch that he sent me down to 9 inches. I THOUGHT I could get this but wasn't 100% sure. It felt solid and I did get it and I just reviewed the tape with the counter and it was slightly over 4 minutes. Part of that was I stopped to measure when I thought I had it so then I had to re-wrap so all in all I was happy with it. That next inch will be the huge challenge for me.

That was the best bend of the night but I did one more that I've held back. It's the only bolt like it I have as it was a loner in the bin but it's a 8 inch by 7/16 inch G2 bolt which is nothing unusual but what is unusual is that it has no plating or galvanizing to it. The finish is about like a keystone spike which makes it a really cool looking piece. I'd love to have more like it but that's all I could ever find.

Now, I have to hook up my DVD recorder again and transfer it to DVD which I hope to do later this week then it will take about a week to reach David in the UK so don't look for it on the list real soon but it will be on it's way and the bends were done tonight.

Good night all around!

Tim

Oh yeah, the 9 incher is fairly off center which I kinda thought it was by how it felt. Also, I did get the 10 down to parallel which I always like the looks of. That made it 1 7/8 inch.

Here's the pics:

Braced Spike bends

Holy cow! is there anyway you can also post the videos so we can see too? teach us! Awesome bending Tim! Congrats! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

that is just overboard of strength tim are you okay? can you still walk? if i attempted any of that i wouldn't be able to pick up the remote :blink

Paul,

Ha ha I don't think you need any teaching. You seem to be doing everything right since you've streaked up faster than anybody I can remember.

As for the vids, since you're new I'll explain my situation. I live in the boondocks without any high-speed internet so therefore I've not invested in digital video equipment either. I have a few vids on youtube that Scott Styles then Tim I were kind enough to convert from DVD and load them up. These 2 vids don't look real good because I filmed them in my damaged workout room and one florescent light was out but David will still be able to make out the details. I'm starting out with VHS-C by the way. Then I convert them to DVD on a set top recorder then Tim I did his magic (he seems to be a wiz at that stuff) and converted and whatever else is involved to put them on my youtube account. Scott did the 5 piece craftman wrench set.

I'll try to get something good on vid next time and see if Tim can load them up again. Again, thanks for lighting a fire under my butt Paul.

Derek, felt easier than the "BL" G2s I've done but I had just hammered the 1/2 by 9 so any 7/16 G2 bolt would've felt easier. I'd guess 650 to 700 but it could've been higher. Not G5 levels though.

Later and thanks guys! I'll try to get them David asap! I don't see anything that would nix them out but it's always possible to forget something.

Later,

Tim

that is just overboard of strength tim are you okay? can you still walk? if i attempted any of that i wouldn't be able to pick up the remote :blink

I'm fine. I actually would've like to tried a few more things but the fam wanted to go swimming so I was cut short. I feel like I could bend again tomorrow night the way I feel right now.

Thanks,

Tim

I'm fine. I actually would've like to tried a few more things but the fam wanted to go swimming so I was cut short. I feel like I could bend again tomorrow night the way I feel right now.

Thanks,

Tim

i kind of want to go swimming too :D i hope to see more bends soon and hopefully some videos :)

Alright, now do an 8.5 in 5 minutes!!! THEN THE 8er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul,

Ha ha I don't think you need any teaching. You seem to be doing everything right since you've streaked up faster than anybody I can remember.

As for the vids, since you're new I'll explain my situation. I live in the boondocks without any high-speed internet so therefore I've not invested in digital video equipment either. I have a few vids on youtube that Scott Styles then Tim I were kind enough to convert from DVD and load them up. These 2 vids don't look real good because I filmed them in my damaged workout room and one florescent light was out but David will still be able to make out the details. I'm starting out with VHS-C by the way. Then I convert them to DVD on a set top recorder then Tim I did his magic (he seems to be a wiz at that stuff) and converted and whatever else is involved to put them on my youtube account. Scott did the 5 piece craftman wrench set.

I'll try to get something good on vid next time and see if Tim can load them up again. Again, thanks for lighting a fire under my butt Paul.

Derek, felt easier than the "BL" G2s I've done but I had just hammered the 1/2 by 9 so any 7/16 G2 bolt would've felt easier. I'd guess 650 to 700 but it could've been higher. Not G5 levels though.

Later and thanks guys! I'll try to get them David asap! I don't see anything that would nix them out but it's always possible to forget something.

Later,

Tim

Oh OK - If you ever need help putting your DVD's up on Youtube - I can help w/ that too! :inno (so I can be the first one to see :devil ) :laugh

Whats your youtube account name so I can subscribe! and again, absolutely amazzzzzzing! :bow

Tim,

Incredible bends, and great pics. Can't wait to view/ref the disc.

Well done!

David

http://www.youtube.com/user/timshobbies

Tim you can always send whatever new videos you make to me again I don't mind putting them up for you.

Or Paul or whoever I certainly don't mind either way. I do know how to cut the vobs accurately though, haha no offense Paul. Also for anyone wanting to convert Tim's videos they are vhs film converted to dvd, I'm not sure why but it seems to interlace them both times and it is about impossible to return any of it to progressive frames so trying to compress it to youtube size without destorying the quality is not simple. It really isn't your standard youtube upload process for sure.

Oh and crazy bends as always Tim. Can't wait to see that 8" go down. The 10" does look super nasty parallel. That 7/16" bolt is hella cool too, never seen one like that before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/timshobbies

Tim you can always send whatever new videos you make to me again I don't mind putting them up for you.

Or Paul or whoever I certainly don't mind either way. I do know how to cut the vobs accurately though, haha no offense Paul. Also for anyone wanting to convert Tim's videos they are vhs film converted to dvd, I'm not sure why but it seems to interlace them both times and it is about impossible to return any of it to progressive frames so trying to compress it to youtube size without destorying the quality is not simple. It really isn't your standard youtube upload process for sure.

Oh and crazy bends as always Tim. Can't wait to see that 8" go down. The 10" does look super nasty parallel. That 7/16" bolt is hella cool too, never seen one like that before.

Yeah....don't wanna mess w/all that - you can still handle the vids Tim :cry:laugh

I hear ya! All that stuff that Tim I told me back then was WAY over my head.

Tim

Tim, I'm pleased to see you still have the fire in you. Monstrous bends!

And that bare steel bolt is the kind!

Thanks guys!

Tim