Time To Move Up?

Redmaster

Well after getting tendonitis in one of my hands I have begun to train again. I can now hit 10 reps with the No.1 and many repd with the T with my right hand. I can only hit about 6-7 full closed reps with the 1 with my left hand. Am I ready for the No.2?

In my opinion, if you can do one even one rep you're ready to start training with a harder gripper. I'm guessing you can TNS the #1 at this point. Get going on the #2 and start with parallel set attempts or maybe a choker at parallel. :)

In my opinion, if you can do one even one rep you're ready to start training with a harder gripper. I'm guessing you can TNS the #1 at this point. Get going on the #2 and start with parallel set attempts or maybe a choker at parallel. :)

Hey could you tell me what TNS means please? :)

I looked in the gripper FAQ vocabulary and couldn't find it. :(

Well after getting tendonitis in one of my hands I have begun to train again. I can now hit 10 reps with the No.1 and many repd with the T with my right hand. I can only hit about 6-7 full closed reps with the 1 with my left hand. Am I ready for the No.2?

If you can close a gripper, then it is time to move up to the next one. I bought a #1.5 before a #2 and I'm glad I did. I am very close to closing my #2. I have been doing a lot of choker work with the #2 with coin holds. Afterwards, it seems to benefit me to get in some low rep sets with my 1.5 and finally finish off with my #1.

Something else that feels good is to close the gripper and then barely open it (like 1/4") and then reclose so you get a lot of work in at the close.

Bottom line: If you can afford it, I'd get a 1.5 and a 2. I only have 4 grippers at the moment (I've only been working on it for about 3.5 - 4 months), but it seems as though you cannot have too many grippers anyways. Even though my T feels like a joke now and I do not really use it in my training, it's nice to have as a remembrance of where I was not too long ago and also as something to use to pass the time in traffic.

TNS-Table No Set

This basically means you pick up your gripper from the table with ONE hand only and close the gripper without any use from your free hand.

Edited by naturalstrength

TNS-Table No Set

This basically means you pick up your gripper from the table with ONE hand only and close the gripper without any use from your free hand.

Thank you. :cool