Just Received My New Toy

wscorpion

I just received my new toy from Dennis Rogers, the Retro Beast gripper, and it looks very nice!

It has smooth handles which are very slippery now, but with a bit of chalk that should change soon, it has an easier sweep then my #3's but the inch or so gets harder, just the way I prefer :D

one of the handles has "RB" on the bottom, the other "46", the "serialnumber" of the gripper.

I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of fun with this new toy! :rock

I love the feel of those retro grippers. I like the slick handles and the way the spring feels through its range of motion.

I got them last week the pair Retrobeast and He man both numbered #45 very nice gripper's and has a nice feel but for sure you need chalk as it is pretty slippery.

They sound awesome. Isn't chalk defeating the purpose of why they're made with slick handles? Not being a smartass at all guys. I'm a huge fan of chalk. But I thought it was almost a "no-no" to put chalk on those handles.

Those really are beautiful grippers...I guess I'll have to win the MGC6 so I can have my pick...LOL.

Ben- I don't really think it matters. Chalk doesn't help much on that gripper anyways.

I'm keeping my Beast! Only the He-man is up for grabs. I kept it at Don's so I wouldn't be tempted.

Ive closed it a few times tonight (with chalk :D) and it feels really great ;)

Definitely nice stuff!

Definitely nice stuff!

Good job Mark! I'm not dissing anyone who uses chalk. If you ever trained with me you'd laugh at the absurdity of that. I would chalk my hand to open a jar of pickles if I didn't think it'd freak out my wife.

Definitely nice stuff!

Good job Mark! I'm not dissing anyone who uses chalk. If you ever trained with me you'd laugh at the absurdity of that. I would chalk my hand to open a jar of pickles if I didn't think it'd freak out my wife.

I know you don't mean bad :D

Since it's almost impossible for me to set it without chalk (too slippery) I just have to, although this would be a nice gripper to use with oil instead of chalk.

Perhaps I'll do that some day :cool

Damn, just looked at mine- A few humid days and it is about solid rust. No big deal, looks like more of a "classic" that way I guess.

Bob,

Technically, wouldn't that rust make the gripper easier to hold on to ha ha! That is a shame though it rusts that quick but it stands to reason because I know cold rolled steel - which I think is what those handles are - always seems to rust faster than any other bending stock.

Tim

Bob,

Technically, wouldn't that rust make the gripper easier to hold on to ha ha! That is a shame though it rusts that quick but it stands to reason because I know cold rolled steel - which I think is what those handles are - always seems to rust faster than any other bending stock.

Tim

Next thing you know Tim T is leg crushung the Retro handles that he removed from the grippers :laugh:laugh

Bob,

Tim

Next thing you know Tim T is leg crushung the Retro handles that he removed from the grippers :laugh:laugh

No that'd be WAYYY too easy for him Paul :D :D

Edited by vikingsrule92

Nice grippers. I checked them out at the AOBS on Dennis's table.

Wanted to buy a pair, but already dropped tons of cash over the weekend there.

That meal Mike (hubgeezer) and I had with David Prowse (Darth Vader), sort of drained the wallet quickly.

Like Mike's son said: "Awesome food, I'm just waiting for my arm and leg to grow back" :>)