Cyplenkov Vs. Brzenk  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Right-handed

• John Brzenk
    • Denis Cyplenkov
  2. 2. Left-handed

• John Brzenk
    • Denis Cyplenkov

Brzenk would win with the right, imho. I just don't see cyplenkov being #1 yet with the right, if he were he would be pulling Pushkar with the right as well as the left, and he would be competing at Zloty with the right, not just the left. I say Cyplenkov wins with the left, though, especially if he beats Pushkar, who is supposedly above Brzenk with the left. Some people already consider cyplenkov to be #1 with the left, and Brzenk is below a few people so yeah. Just my 2 cents.

I'm gonna agree w/ Oldguy. Even if the best days aren't completely behind him yet, the end is coming. Btw, does anybody know if it's true that Voevoda can't pull Denis? Cuz if it is:

... :blink Edited by Magnus

It all depend's on Brzenk's weight if he is around 230 or so and taking his vitamin's everybody's is in trouble. :D

It all depend's on Brzenk's weight if he is around 230 or so and taking his vitamin's everybody's is in trouble. :D

One-A-Day keeps Voevoda away :D

To say that Cyplenkov can beat Brzenk right handed is probably jumping the gun a little. He still has quite a bit to show us before we can say that. Left handed however I think Cyplenkov would take because Brzenk is not nearly as good left handed wouldn't you say?

lets see. right now, i think john would lsoe left handed, right handed he would win.

if it was john at his peak vs denis right now, then brzenk would rip his amr off right but still left, it would be closer and denis still would win left i think. but, john at 240lb? well, tahst another story. even if denis is 100 lbs heavier, i still think hed struggle on left to beat him

Edited by raikkonen

Right-handed win John!!!

Right-handed win John!!!

How do you really feel about it, Pawel? :laugh J/K.

Edited by Magnus

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard to say right now.

I will go out on a limb and predict that

within 2 years no one will touch Cyplenkov.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

And I will go out on that limb with you, and push you off!!! :D

Right now, Brzenk takes Cyplenkov right handed with a top-roll. Cyplenkov takes Brzenk left with a press?

I will have to disagree that Cyplenkov will be the best within 2 years. Travis Bagent is the king of lefty and will be for a long time. :)

I will have to disagree that Cyplenkov will be the best within 2 years. Travis Bagent is the king of lefty and will be for a long time. :)

I was once told I made a "ludacris" statement when I said "Travis isn't very strong". Obviously, to say that sentence like that, and without further explination, is indeed kinda crazy... BUT, my point back then, was that he relies mostly on his fast hit using toproll... And as most people know, the purest test of strength in armwrestling is the hook, it's armstrength and not so much pronation/wrist.... and in a hook, about two weeks ago, Super Travis Bagent lost to a 198 pounder called Giorgi. He also lost that day in a hook right handed to Joe Rozbora, but at least he's a heavyweight. For being the "king of lefty" it's pretty embarassing to lose to a guy a couple of weightclasses below him in a hook, even if he could toproll him 100 out of 100 times and win that way. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Travis and he is one of the greatest of all time without a doubt.

I think that the best days of Brzenk are behind him, and that he will not regain his former glory.

He never lost it.

Yeah he lost in a hook and it is weird how bad he is with a hook but he can still beat everybody with a TR (so far, we'll have to see about Cyplenkov) so he's still #1 (left handed)

And, I am surprised how many people voted for Brzenk left handed over Cyplenkov. I saw a video where Pushkar soundly defeats Brzenk left handed, and Cyplenkov trashed Pushkar.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe

And I will go out on that limb with you, and push you off!!! :D

Right now, Brzenk takes Cyplenkov right handed with a top-roll. Cyplenkov takes Brzenk left with a press?

In 2 years I'll let you set on my limb with me.

What's your exrerience in AW? When you answer, I'll explain

why I ask.

Stay Strong!!!

Mighty Joe Musselwhite

Silver Medalist 1991 AAA Stand-Up Nationals, 90kg.

Retired Pro Arm Wrestler 1979-1994

i would be more interested in seeing Lupkes vs Cyplenkov tbh. but still.. both matches would be kool :)

I think that the best days of Brzenk are behind him, and that he will not regain his former glory.

He never lost it.

:whistel

Anybody know what went wrong there? Looks like John nearly had him at first, but what happened?

Edited by Magnus

He never lost it.

Anybody know what went wrong there? Looks like John nearly had him at first, but what happened?

Looks like Brzenk nearly got him with the toproll before slipping the grip (i.e he won hand control), then when the strap was applied and hand control was taken out of the equation, Voevoda hooked him for the pin.

He never lost it.

I don't know if Brzenk has lost it or not, but that was 4 years ago, since then John has still been on top that was just one match. This was after losing to Voevoda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRHSVdrMx-w

And I would love to see Voevoda try and take him when he's like that. If John did lose it, it wasn't back in 2004. I personally don't feel John lost anything, I think other people are just getting better.

Edited by Josh H

I don't know if Brzenk has lost it or not, but that was 4 years ago, since then John has still been on top that was just one match. This was after losing to Voevoda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRHSVdrMx-w

And I would love to see Voevoda try and take him when he's like that. If John did lose it, it wasn't back in 2004. I personally don't feel John lost anything, I think other people are just getting better.

Looks like Brzenk nearly got him with the toproll before slipping the grip (i.e he won hand control), then when the strap was applied and hand control was taken out of the equation, Voevoda hooked him for the pin.

Okay, thanks guys. I guess Johns #1 again :D I still think Denis would beat him lefty, though.

Edited by Magnus

• 1 month later...