5/8" X 28 3/8"; 1/2" X 14.5", And 11" Keyston

vikingsrule92

5/8" x 28 3/8"

1/2" x 14.5"

11" Keystone

these went down WAY easier then I expected. I actually had 7 bends today so the workout was pretty brutal, I reopened the blister I popped about 2-3 weeks ago and I'm pretty beat up right now :D

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry366742 Here's the rest of this workout right up in my log. And to Tim I, I'm coming for you buddy!! Only 1/2" off your PR on 1/2" HRS and 1" from beating you with the Keystones, better hurry up bro ;)

Edited by vikingsrule92

Awesome bends buddy!! Man, you're really killing the braced stuff. That 5/8'' looked like butter for you! :blink I would love to see the 1/2'' vid, but I think you may have double posted the 5/8'' vid by mistake. Please post that, as I would love to see it! Congrats on some tough bends Derek!! :rock

Awesome bends buddy!! Man, you're really killing the braced stuff. That 5/8'' looked like butter for you! :blink I would love to see the 1/2'' vid, but I think you may have double posted the 5/8'' vid by mistake. Please post that, as I would love to see it! Congrats on some tough bends Derek!! :rock

Thanks a lot man!! I've been working my ass off for the braced stuff that's why :D

DAMMIT!!! I always do that! Here you go buddy

Great work Derek!!!!!

Only 1" to go to go from 6th to 4th place:

1st) Tim Tolbert - 11" x 12.78mm HRS round bar [A36 grade] - July 2007 – USA

2nd) Mark Vogels - 11.5" x 12.46mm HRS round bar - 17 May 2008 – Holland Video

3rd) David Horne - 13" x 12.20mm HRS round bar - 31 July 2007 - England

4) Dave Johnson - 14" x 12.22mm HRS round bar - 8 Sept 2007 - Champion of Steel - England

4) Luuc Duijm - 14" x 11.96mm HRS round bar - 15 May 2008 - Holland Video

6) Derek Graybill - 8" x [9.4mm] (3/8") HRS round bar [A36 grade] - 16 Feb 2008 - USA

7) Chris Tolbert - 14" x [7.93mm] (5/16") HRS round bar [A36 grade] Aged 8 - Feb 27 2008 – USA

Go get m :rock!!!!

Edited by White Scorpion

Great bending Derek! The 1/2"X14.5" looked well within your capability.

Good job Derek!! :rock That stuff is alot harder that you made it look.

Great work! :rock:rock:rock

Mark, actually its only one quarter inch to second place, since my stock is 12.7 mm :D. David, that bar wouldn't be short enough for the short bar list anyway so it doesn't matter at all. My 5/8 bar over rules it anyway. Thanks a lot all you guys!!

Edited by vikingsrule92

Thanks a lot man!! I've been working my ass off for the braced stuff that's why :D

DAMMIT!!! I always do that! Here you go buddy

NICE!!!! :rock Man that looked easy for you!! I bet you got a 12'' in you! Go get it buddy!!

Mark, actually its only one quarter inch to second place, since my stock is 12.7 mm :D. David, that bar wouldn't be short enough for the short bar list anyway so it doesn't matter at all. My 5/8 bar over rules it anyway. Thanks a lot all you guys!!

Yeah, I don't really feel 12.7mm should be the border line, especially since that size isnt available here, but that's David's choice.

Luckily I still have some 12.7mm stock which Tim T sent me, so as soon as you go to 2nd place, I'll make sure to kick you off again asap! :D:rock

Yeah, I don't really feel 12.7mm should be the border line, especially since that size isnt available here, but that's David's choice.

Luckily I still have some 12.7mm stock which Tim T sent me, so as soon as you go to 2nd place, I'll make sure to kick you off again asap! :D:rock

Well you guys have a lot of stock we don't. That's why mats isn't higher up on the list, he doesn't have any 20mm. Its only fair to make the dividing line somewhere you can't complain since you have at least if not more sizes of stock there then we do here. Fair enough, ill take you down eventually :D

Well done!

Border lines had to be drawn somewhere, as 1mm difference can be big, especially with the thicker bars.

But remember guys - have fun!

David

Sounds like we have a race starting! (I'm such an instigator - SP?) :devil:whistel

Paul,

It may be fun to have a 20" bar challenge match/contest for whoever fancies it.

I can get one length purchased at the company and sawn and marked on video. The athletes who want to have a go will have their name marked on each bar (on video). These will be sent out, and then opened on video (on a specified date/time), and then bent fully or to the best degree bend.

The athlete has to pay for the bar, and postage of the bar.

Might be a useful challenge before my surgery.

David

Sounds like we have a race starting! (I'm such an instigator - SP?) :devil:whistel

Haha I already have multiple other braced races what's another? Haha. When are you going to start 1/2 bending? I want to see you step up and kick my ass Paul :tongue

Awesome bends again, you are really working hard!! :rock

Edited by luuc

Paul,

It may be fun to have a 20" bar challenge match/contest for whoever fancies it.

I can get one length purchased at the company and sawn and marked on video. The athletes who want to have a go will have their name marked on each bar (on video). These will be sent out, and then opened on video (on a specified date/time), and then bent fully or to the best degree bend.

The athlete has to pay for the bar, and postage of the bar.

Might be a useful challenge before my surgery.

David

David - sounds good to me but I was planning to attempt a 20" this weekend unless something comes up, so can we try w/19"? I would love to compete! Start a post to see how many peeps we can get in on this (maybe in the contest forum) Great idea!!! :mosher

Haha I already have multiple other braced races what's another? Haha. When are you going to start 1/2 bending? I want to see you step up and kick my ass Paul :tongue

I'm gonna do some mid-bar this weekend as you can see from last post and I think I wanna do some half inch same day if I'm feeling froggy - If I bend anything worth seeing, I'll post it ;)

Well you guys have a lot of stock we don't. That's why mats isn't higher up on the list, he doesn't have any 20mm. Its only fair to make the dividing line somewhere you can't complain since you have at least if not more sizes of stock there then we do here. Fair enough, ill take you down eventually :D

I wish you were right.

This is all I can find:

6mm

8mm

10mm

12mm (12.4 max)

And that's it.... I can't find any 16mm's or 5/8" and no 20mm or 3/4" :(

I'm sure some companies might sell bigger bars, but I still haven't found them....

I would love to give the 5/8" stock another go since that 30" bend of mine at the COS was the first and only bend of that stock ;)

But regardless of what I bend, you still did a great job on these bends Derek! You've really progressed a lot and keep progressing fast! :rock

I wish you were right.

This is all I can find:

6mm

8mm

10mm

12mm (12.4 max)

And that's it.... I can't find any 16mm's or 5/8" and no 20mm or 3/4" :(

I'm sure some companies might sell bigger bars, but I still haven't found them....

I would love to give the 5/8" stock another go since that 30" bend of mine at the COS was the first and only bend of that stock ;)

But regardless of what I bend, you still did a great job on these bends Derek! You've really progressed a lot and keep progressing fast! :rock

Yeah I was thinking you were in England not the Netherlands, they have a lot more stock there for sure, my mistake. Sucks man, if it wasn't so psychotically expensive to ship big bars I'd happily trade some 5/8" for s hot at some regular 12mm as opposed to 1/2".

Ok lots of stuff to say here.

Firstly AWESOME WORK Derek. You sure are on my tails with the 1/2" I might have to go try a 13.5" if I still can't get that 13".

And I also have never finished a 10" keystone yet. So you actually have me beat on that right now. I really gotta work on my between the legs crush. Trying to do these short ones on my hip is killing me.

Second what surgery David?

Nextly I will sure like to throw in on the 20" but it might take me a little while. Honestly the best I have got on that is like 40-50 degrees, which basically means I am not very close to getting it right yet. Unless somehow your hrs stock is allot easier than mine which I really doubt.

Paul best of luck on the 20" man it is a freaking beast, but if anyone can get it, it would be you.

As for the length divides, don't be hard on David, someone had to make the call. I mean it goes both ways, I wish I could find something around 20mm. Not even just to try and take David out :D , but just for training towards the 7/8". Bending sub 3' piece of 3/4" is not the same as a max 4' bar.

Mark I didn't realize you couldn't find the bigger stuff, that sucks, I really wanted to see what you could do with it now. If you give me your address I will try and see how bad the shipping would be for me to send you some stuff.

I am glad the competition and interest in the braced stuff is increasing but let's not get ruffled over metric/standard and regional discrepancies in regards to the class breaks. I think David made good calls on it, and let's face it, who else is doing this for us?

And to come back around to the main thread again, way to fight it on the 1/2" bend man, that one especially impressed me. That is not an easy bend at all. And that 5/8" was too easy for you man, 27" next time. Or 26" if you are feelin it that day. Rock on.

Ok lots of stuff to say here.

Firstly AWESOME WORK Derek. You sure are on my tails with the 1/2" I might have to go try a 13.5" if I still can't get that 13".

And I also have never finished a 10" keystone yet. So you actually have me beat on that right now. I really gotta work on my between the legs crush. Trying to do these short ones on my hip is killing me.

Second what surgery David?

Nextly I will sure like to throw in on the 20" but it might take me a little while. Honestly the best I have got on that is like 40-50 degrees, which basically means I am not very close to getting it right yet. Unless somehow your hrs stock is allot easier than mine which I really doubt.

Paul best of luck on the 20" man it is a freaking beast, but if anyone can get it, it would be you.

As for the length divides, don't be hard on David, someone had to make the call. I mean it goes both ways, I wish I could find something around 20mm. Not even just to try and take David out :D , but just for training towards the 7/8". Bending sub 3' piece of 3/4" is not the same as a max 4' bar.

Mark I didn't realize you couldn't find the bigger stuff, that sucks, I really wanted to see what you could do with it now. If you give me your address I will try and see how bad the shipping would be for me to send you some stuff.

I am glad the competition and interest in the braced stuff is increasing but let's not get ruffled over metric/standard and regional discrepancies in regards to the class breaks. I think David made good calls on it, and let's face it, who else is doing this for us?

And to come back around to the main thread again, way to fight it on the 1/2" bend man, that one especially impressed me. That is not an easy bend at all. And that 5/8" was too easy for you man, 27" next time. Or 26" if you are feelin it that day. Rock on.

Tim, thanks a lot for the support man, I had to work pretty hard for that 1/2" bend, but I'm still wondering whether I have a 13.5" in me or whether I should just play it safe and go for the 14, what do you think man? Maybe we both do the 13.5" on the same day or something? A race to it?

I think you could have me with the Keystones if you had some longer ones, its not really fair to say I'm better when you haven't had a shot at the longer ones, when I take down the 100d you can call me better :D Yeah well you have me OBLITERATED with long bar so don't worry, it's not like anyone here even opartially believes I'm the better bender ;)

I can answer the David question too, if you read in Goerners he's having Elbow surgery in a few months because he can't straighten it out and he has all kinds of burs and stuff on the bone.

I still want to see what you've done with 5/8" Tim, you've been very vague in saying and I know it's because you don't want to get any threads locked, but that's why you need to get a video :cool

I agree with you, someone had to make the call, I ahve no hard feelings one way or the other, I just wish we all had access to the steel our buddies across the pond had access to, it'd make everything easier although it'll obviously never happen unless we ship stuff which will cost a fortune. Btw I'd really like to see what people like you and Mats could do with 20mm, the race between you two and David would be damn interesting.

David did make good calls, and it's no huge deal either way, like you said it's better this way then with strict standard measurements, because lets face it the 12.06mm and that stuff is WAY easier then true 1/2", after all Tim T bent a 8" of that easily when compared to his 1/2" bend of the same :D

Thanks a lot buddy, you really think I'm capable of something that short? I was thinking 27 1/2" at best but I'm not sure yet. I figure I won't do Braced til next Friday so I have a while to decide at least.