Fbbc Bastard Bend

opnsysme

Last night I hit a red and killed it, so I tried a bastard and it went to. I'm really pumped I finally got this DO figured out. Thanks to Thorfinn for being my faithful training partner, Ben Edwards for the technique vids and Paul for telling me I could bend it before I knew I could bend it.

Nice job. I'm working on my 1st one. I haven't even successfully kinked it yet though. It looked like you went after that bend quick between each bend which helped not let the steel cool down keeping it hot, that should help make it easier. I need to practice it more like that myself. It looked like your already ready for something bigger than that.

Edited by rniel

Matt - Outstanding! The only reason you haven't been smashing bigger steel til now is because you never tried! Judging by how strong you were at the contest, you will be progressing at lightening speed - I knew you could do it! :D you comin down this weekend?

Nice bending, feels good to nail that milestone! :rock:rock

Congrats - onwards and upwards!

Nice job Matt!! I agree with the other guys, you have way more in you! I bet you could take down a Huge Bastard right now. :rock Just one tip if you don't mind: Make sure to use chalk in your wraps, and wrap those suckers as straight and tight as you can get em'! The tighter, the better. If you can find Tandy leather near you, it makes a great first wrap for double wrapping, as you can soak it with chalk and get it really tight around the bar. Hope this helps, and keep it rollin' buddy! I see "huge" things in your future! Congrats again on a tough bend! :cool

Thanks a lot ya'll!! I am really excited to cross this marker. I hope to hit something slightly harder real soon.

Great job Matt!!! I knew you'd do it soon man. Appreciate the shout out too.

Great job on the bastard!

Tim

Nice job! Looked good for at least a big bastard

Nice bend!

Did you find the red or the bastard harder?

I would say the Bastard was a little harder.

I knew you had it in you also Matt. Your flexibility has come a long way. I am excited for you to see you progress :rock:rock Congrats :rock

Thanks a lot Mike! You are definitely inspirational!

I was thinking. . . next year at the SOHGC your bending will really help your numbers.

Great Work!!!

I was thinking. . . next year at the SOHGC your bending will really help your numbers.

Ya that's the plan :)

Great work Mat. :rock