Another Fun Night Of Bending..........

foxyj75

Hey guys,

Tonight was another mainly just for fun bending session. :D The only serious attempt I had was the Mag Shiny, and I ended up getting it to 2 3/4''. I think I can kill it once my hand is healed up and I'm rested. I tore a huge chunk of skin off my finger the last time I bent, and it's right where I lock my finger behind my knuckle for crushdowns. I hit it one more time after I turned the camera off, and while it almost ripped open again, I got it to 2 1/2'' pretty easy. Check out the vid!

Next I wanted to do a G8IEW, but I only had 1 left, so I just used G5's. These were 1/4'' x 5.5'' TY FNL's, and weren't really much of a challenge, but they were really fun! :happy Thanks to Matt Carl for the inspiration! Vid below.

After that, I remembered Tim I scrolling 60d's a while back, so I wanted to try. With a G8!! :rock I almost got it, but that second bend is a bear to try to position so that you don't impale yourself! I got a small second bend in it, so I guess it's sort of a scroll. This was a Triangle 1/4'' x 6'' G8. See pics below!

Defeated by the G8, I grabbed a 6'' x 1/4'' TY FNL G5, and scrolled it easily. Very fun stuff. Thanks Tim I for the idea! :cool

The other nail is a Canadian 70d that Tim T sent me a long time ago. Bent it DU, and was way off center. Fun bend.

Mag Shiny attempt vid

G5 in every way vid

Scrolled G5 pic

G8 scroll pic 1

G8 scroll pic 2

Bent Canadian 70d from Tim T

God Bless,

Fox <><

Looks like you had a fun day and quite a workout on that Mag Shiny!!! It will be yours in due time :rock

CONGRATS :rock

Great job!! :rock

How do you push yourself to the max without psyching up by the way?

It won't be long on that Mag Foxman - Congrats! :bow

Thanks guys for all the kind words! :D I can feel the Mag Shiny shaking in it's boots right now! I'll give it another ride when my finger heals up. Also held off on the KOAB attempt for the same reason. Look for both of those in a week or two. I think I may have also figured out a way to finish scrolling that G8. I'll pick up some more bolts this week, and try to get a G8IEW on video too. Who knows, If I'm feeling froggy, I just might try a Grand Brutal Hex, or finally get a 5.5'' edgin on video. Thanks for all the comments and support everone! :rock Later! :cool

Great job!! :rock

How do you push yourself to the max without psyching up by the way?

I guess I just kinda zone out and completely focus on the bend at hand. I do get psyched up sometimes though, especially if I know I'm going to kill a PR bend. :cool

Awsome bends man! You'll kill that mag shiny soon!

Very strong bending all around!

Tim

Thanks again guys! :rock

I was thinking that on the G8 scroll, I might be able to put a couple partial(20-30 deg.) bends where I want the final bends to be, so that I could still wrap up the partially bent side and get some decent leverage. I fully bent the one side on this last try, and you just couldn't get a good hold on it. Any thoughts on this? Ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to finish this thing!! :D

I was watching the G5 in every way vid again and I noticed on the table a horse shoe - was that the infamous "EZ" that I gave you? ;)

Dude that is NUTS! Sorry I took so long to respond to this man. Those scrolls are awesome, you will get that g8 too. I can't even imagine doing that g5 even like that. And a Mag?! You are gettin there man, 90 degrees is about where the stainless really ramps up on the crush as we all know, you are still progessing strong on that shorter and shorter stuff so quickly, at least we know you are still human. It's all good though, the more you work for it the more meaningful the acomplishment in the end.

I think it might be good to try starting a new g8 and bend each side a bit at a time. Even if you get to a point where it is weird it will at least be easier to make it more symetrical I think. Just go slow and deliberate about where and how you are bending it and I think you will have allot more control. I did just bend mine completely one end at a time and did that weird DO/DU style for the second, but I certainly couldn't move even a g5 that way.

If you get this technique down good, bending a 7" peice like this is 2x 4.66" bends. That is a bit longer than an insane....

I was watching the G5 in every way vid again and I noticed on the table a horse shoe - was that the infamous "EZ" that I gave you? ;)

Yes, it was, and it royally kicked my butt!! I would have posted the vid of the attempt, but I got such a small bend(5ish deg.) in it, that I wanted to wait and see if I could give it a better ride later. That thing is WICKED TOUGH!!!! :blink :blink :blink

Dude that is NUTS! Sorry I took so long to respond to this man. Those scrolls are awesome, you will get that g8 too. I can't even imagine doing that g5 even like that. And a Mag?! You are gettin there man, 90 degrees is about where the stainless really ramps up on the crush as we all know, you are still progessing strong on that shorter and shorter stuff so quickly, at least we know you are still human. It's all good though, the more you work for it the more meaningful the acomplishment in the end.

I think it might be good to try starting a new g8 and bend each side a bit at a time. Even if you get to a point where it is weird it will at least be easier to make it more symetrical I think. Just go slow and deliberate about where and how you are bending it and I think you will have allot more control. I did just bend mine completely one end at a time and did that weird DO/DU style for the second, but I certainly couldn't move even a g5 that way.

If you get this technique down good, bending a 7" peice like this is 2x 4.66" bends. That is a bit longer than an insane....

Tim, I assume by "7'' piece", you are referring to a scrolled bastard? I think It could be possible, but probably not with that new wicked bastard stock. I only have 1 piece of the old bastard stock left, and I wanted to save it for another Fantastic attempt. I may get some 5/16 crs from my local steel supplier tomorrow when I get some long bar steel. I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens. Thanks for the kind words buddy!! :rock

Yes, it was, and it royally kicked my butt!! I would have posted the vid of the attempt, but I got such a small bend(5ish deg.) in it, that I wanted to wait and see if I could give it a better ride later. That thing is WICKED TOUGH!!!! :blink :blink :blink

HAHAHAHAHAHA! sux huh?! :laugh:laugh:laugh