A Set Of Grippers Vs. The Vulcan

MLDK

Hey all. As part of my journey to increase hand/grip strength I want to do some gripper training. My question is, am I better off buying a set (3 or more) hand grippers such as CoC or Beef Builders, or should I just get the adjustable Vulcan? I'm sure there's room for both in a training regime, but right now I can just afford one option, so which should I choose?

Also, will programs such as KTA work with the Vulcan? I see no reason why not as the resistance is adjustable, but I want to check.

Other than the KTA, what regimes would you recommend for a newbie? I've been weight training for years but never done specific grip work, and my grip is weaker than it should be anyway due to breaking both hands during sport a few years back.

Cheers everyone, I bow to your superior knowledge and experience :D .

Edit: Just found this thread which is a similar question. Any more thoughts on this?

Edited by MLDK

I don't own a Vulcan, but from what I've read, you're better off with regular torsion springs.

I do own a vulcan, and if it's one or the other, get the vulcan. Then save your pennies and buy a torsion gripper. The vulcan is like having lots of TSG's of varying strength, It'll get you a good strength base while you save, and once you've got a torsion you can get used to the slight differences if feel. Besides, it's easier to save for TSG's than the vulcan, cos TSG's are cheaper, so if you don't get the vulcan now, you may not get the money together again.

I like torsion grippers best and would go for these if it were one or the other. The vulcan is the best one out of all the 'all in one' grippers on the market, though. I'd start with a set of CoCs then get beefbuilders (sharper knurling) as your hands toughen up.

As mentioned in the linked thread, KTA is not for beginners. Look at the training logs of some of the folks on here and come up with a plan, also, check the FAQs section, I think there is a beginners program posted there.

Can't go wrong with either one, buy one, and later on, when you save extra money buy the other. Grippers are like days off, you can't have enough.