New pinch pr

Guest Uberman

Guest Uberman

I am so psyched I can hardly type. I finshed up a power tower workout then did a set of pinch bent rows. They felt good so I pinched a couple blocks of various weight and light anvil rock. I felt strong so I loaded 70lbs on my pinch block, pulled it easy, 90lbs pulled it easy, 100lbs missed. Called my wife out of the house for inspiration. Rested then pulled 100lbs with pinch block with right then left hand with a little to spare on the right hand. This was a great surprise I have been pinching the plates about 3" wide and blocks of wood on a tank with sand for bent rows, also about 3" or just over. Hadn't tried my block, about 2" wide, in a while. Mike

Guest Uberman

Nathan, a power tower is one of those free standing pullup, dip, leg raise and pushup thing. Between my 2x a week lifting I do some light body weight stuff on it, so this was a light inbetween workout. Mike

Guest Uberman

Tou, my pinch block is actually 2-1 inch thick metal plates "C" clamped together with a chain ran thru the clamp. It weighs 20lbs without weight added. As far as the 2-45's I have NOT done a good clean lift with them yet. I have done cheat reps. If I help break it from the ground with non-lifting hand, or I have kind of rolled it on to my foot as I pull then I can finish the rep. Just have to get the floor break down. Mike