Calling mobsterone...

ghd56

Steve Gardner,

I'm sure I'm not alone in being impressed by your progress in thick bar work.  Can you give us an idea of the routine you follow? How many days per week, sets, reps,equipment,etc. Any info would be appreciated.

John DiStano

'How many days per week, sets, reps,equipment,etc. Any info would be appreciated'.

I train 2 times a week on 'whole body training' and once a week on pure grip.

Currently I do the RT work on Tuesdays b4 I do Leg press, bench press and chins

On Thursdays I do Thick handled db work and weaver Stick work.

I do gripper work when the mood takes me (every time I feel strong).

Re sets and reps.

Very, very low. This may not suit everybody and I would advise warming up for most.

Rolling Thunder: one rep with 80 kilos right and left hand, one rep with 100 kilos right and left hand and one rep with max weigh / right hand only (tonight I am aiming for 125 kilos plus handle etc).

Dumbbell work: load up to max weight - 4 x 1 reps. Sometimes a few holds. Right hand only.

Weaver stick: bar (16 lbs) x 3 x 1 each hand, bar plus 1 kilo (total 18.2 pounds) x 3 x 1, finish with max weigh (currently bar plus 2.5 kilos approx 21 pounds) times as many singles as poss. I also try to do the medium and light sets with the WS work without a wrist strap but have found the pain too much on the max weight set.

Thanks for asking.