2003 #3 Sold For $96

Bob Lipinski

hmmm.... buyer is called "bodybuildingmobster" and is from the UK....

Could it be?........

Well, in any case, for that amount of money, you can buy my grippers as well :D

That's a fair amount of money for a gripper!

Edited by Autolupus

hmmm.... buyer is called "bodybuildingmobster" and is from the UK....

Could it be?........

Well, in any case, for that amount of money, you can buy my grippers as well :D

It was me but on someone else's behalf (no paypal account). I would never pay $96.00 for one I was keeping.

I would guess it's an easy #3. I've had a $500 offer for a 146 calibrated #3 so there are guys who are interested. I didn't sell it and didn't throw stones either. I totally understand the fascination with easy and hard grippers. The easy ones get your foot in the door and the hard ones get your foot in a higher rung of the ladder.

That was pexters #3 I believe and im not sure if it was easy or not. I would have paid $50 US for it but only from a collectors point of view...ie I have never seen nor touched a 2003 (single stamped?) #3, I just want one!

Edited by verdigriz

And that was what the actual buyer said as well. They collect 3's and wanted it.

And that was what the actual buyer said as well. They collect 3's and wanted it.

It's always these "collectors" that jack up the price as well. Paying $96 opens up yet another market for random guys to sell their #3's on eBay and get 100+ for 'em :rolleyes

Well it appears to have a black spring which IM told one member they never made and the handles aren't engraved, so it has to be an easy #3; no wonder it went for so much. :rolleyes

Looks like I need to put my one remaining gripper on the market.

I shipped my black spring 2004 #3 to Mr. Eaton for $20! Maybe I should have hung on to that gripper. :cool

Okay, I guess I knew that single stamped grippers were popular, but now double stamped, with no handle engraving is popular?

Well it appears to have a black spring which IM told one member they never made and the handles aren't engraved, so it has to be an easy #3; no wonder it went for so much. :rolleyes

I see the "rolleyes" but I still don't follow. IM told someone they never made a black-springed gripper?

I would guess it's an easy #3. I've had a $500 offer for a 146 calibrated #3 so there are guys who are interested. I didn't sell it and didn't throw stones either. I totally understand the fascination with easy and hard grippers. The easy ones get your foot in the door and the hard ones get your foot in a higher rung of the ladder.

I suspect this offer was before the rules changed for the #3 cert? I wouldn't even consider $500 for any gripper other than maybe a Phantom #4, Joe Kinney's cert #4 i'd pay $1000 for it if it ever went up for sale and was def. Kinney's #4, i'd pay a fair bit for a silver crush one though (i would pay $200-$300 for a silver crush #3, elite or #4). A single stamped gripper - #3 or #4 - i would pay in excess of $100 for these days what you have to look at is in years to come these will be worth even more aswell. In years to come even the double stamped grippers will be worth a lot infact maybe they are these days as per this auction.

I have a feeling an easy #4 (one around 190# ish) would be worth an aweful lot around here aswell especially considering the amount of current interest in the #4 (5 threads in the main forum this week alone).

WTF!!! That's A LOT :blink I would NEVER buy even a single stamped gripper that high. I'll think about it if a single stamped gripper was $50 or less. But for a double stamp!!!!????? NO WAY. That's rubbish and burning money!

I have alot single stamped gripper's I would guess after I have Ben rate them there stock will go up. I have a real hard 1 2 3 and 4. :D

I had no problem some time ago selling my easy #4 and my easy #3. I did not want easy grippers, and sold them for no more than what I had paid for them. I do have a gripper the same as the one in the Ebay auction. Nothing specail about it. It is harder than the 2 other #3.s I have owned, but seems easier than my 2.5 or BB T5. My harder #4 is easier than my 3.5. Grippers really are all over the place!

No more grippers, Jonathan?

No more grippers, Jonathan?

I just wasn't using them any more, Jedd, so I sold what few I had. I did keep the #3 I certed on, and I've got an ISG floating around somewhere, but that's it. I was always more fond of other grip strengtheners anyway.