• Pinchgrip  2 x 35 lbs. Olympic plates
    • Pinchgrip  2 x 45 lbs. Olympic plates
    • DeadLift 140 lbs. on Inch type 2 3/8'' dumbbell handle
    • DeadLift 150 to 172lbs. on Inch type 2 3/8'' dumbbell handle
    • DeadLift over 172 lbs. on Inch type 2 3/8'' dumbbell handle
    • Pull 150 to 175 on a Rolling Thunder Handle
    • Pull 175 to 200 on a Rolling Thunder Handle
    • Pull over 200 with new world's best as target

I have my own parking meter, I never pay to park. Banger is a large pickup truck from Ford. Haven't driven a car for years. I am very cheeky coming from London. Maybe I should look you up next time I go over there. My family lives near Wembley these days.

You brits make no sense to us Yanks!!  :D   :p  :hehe

You can't forget bending!  The IronMind Blue Bar is my next goal.  The Grippers are great, thick handles are fun, but every grip work out and every weight session, for me, is to build functional bending strength.  All day long, I dream of the blue...

Snott, I always make perfect sense! Being a Brit, but having lived in the deep south over 22 years, I can go either way. Now a guy  from Georgia calling himself a yank, does that make sense?   :crazy

Bending is good. The poll only allows ten choices. If you enjoy or a least tolerate a lot of pain then bending nails is the way to go.

Oldguy,

You don't need to hurt yourself to progress with bending, just like you don't need to train to total failure to progress in weight training. I have  progressed beyond IM blue without experiencing any pain in my training.  You are not bending those 60p nails bare handed are you?

Robert

I am talking about pain during the bending, not injuries caused by it. Of course I do not bend  barehanded. I now cut off the nail point and the nailhead. My name should suggest that I wasn't born yesterday!  :D

I think everyone’s lower arm anatomy is so different you can’t compare “pain thresholds” and whatnot.  I find bending to be an exciting and enjoyable work out with little to no pain, now that my tendons are used to it.  On the other hand, I experience creepy-wrist-pain when I train on a heavy gripper.  This evil sensation makes me not want to ever train too hard on my CoC’s.  

Over all, we’re all physically different and have unique strengths, but as Roark wrote “I train for me, to surpass the previous me.”

The pain for me was only where the point of the nail and the nailhead pressed into my palms (the nails were well wrapped) I felt no discomfort in the rest of the hand wrist or forearm. With the point and head removed, I found it easy to fully bend the nail. So for the first time since the age of 15, I can again bend a 60D nail. At that age I did not care a thing about pain or discomfort, being wild and crazy. The novelty has worn off now, just wanted to see if I still had it!

When calling myself a Yank, I'm saying I'm American.  I've lived most of my life in Georgia... but almost everyone tells me that I don't have a southern accent.  Go figure.