Confusing About Mix Full Body Workout + Grip Training

ewokhugo

Till now i do about 2/3 workouts in the gym.

I am trying to hit some P.B not only in the Squat and bench press (doing a coulple of singles and doubles)but also in ALL exercices.

when i pick one gripper to do what i like the most i am very tired, my energy its low ... its frustating ... after my last post i realize i must do gripper training in the beggining after a couple of warm-ups ... i lack time to train now but will start next week...

my quest : whats the total lengh of time u guys spend each day in the gym doing upper/lower body + grippers?

i think its important to do wrist curls,r.t etc,extensor work etc ... doing 3 different "types" of training at once seems confusing and quite demanding ( body training+gripper+grip work)...

your thoughts?

I do three different full body workouts a week (4 exercises/day). Squat is unfortunately out now due to knee problems. I do my grip exercises at these times as well. Grippers go in between the sets of the power cleans on Monday and Friday. On Monday, I do also pinch. Wednesday is my thick bar day, and DO bending in the end. On Friday I'm doing wrist curls and finishing up with reverse bending. Been on this program for a few weeks now and liking it a lot. Usually it takes between 1 and 2 hours (depending on how crazy I go about bending).

Squats before grippers when you can. Joe Kinney said this makes a difference, it was good enough for me, and yes, it works. Squats have been done before my best ever gripper sessions including #4 to 3mm Lh and #3.5 close RH in the same session.

I train my pressing (generally) on a day off from grippers.

I train my back and biceps when i do the other grip stuff like the thick bar pinch, etc... this keeps all the pulling movements in one and avoids overtraining.

once in a while i do some strongman stuff aswell.

I do two resistance and two cardio sessions a week. generally consists of weighted pullups, hand balancing stuff with gripper work and plate pinches thrown in. Spend around an hour including stretching etc.

Gym 3-4 times per week; total body workout every session; never in gym longer than 45 minutes; super-set/giant-set entire workout; jumprope 2 turns/skip for approximately 1 1/2-2 minutes while "resting" between super/giant sets. Seems to be working pretty well for me so far. yeah, I also forgot to throw in the "spiderman" crawls in there, they are very important ;)

Hi Hugo, I do 3 weightlifting sessions a week focusing on the olympic lifts, with squats, overhead pressing, pull ups and core movements. I have started a routine where I train for my grippers on three days in between gym sessions and this is working well for me so far. I also grease the groove pull ups and handstand push ups, generally on three or four sets a day when I am not in the gym.

It is very difficult to attain PBs in too many areas so I would focus on two or three at most areas where you want a PB and centre your training around these goals. Once you get them, maintain your gains and change your focus on different goals. This is what works best for me. After my rugby season finished my goals were to close the #2.5, get 20 pull ups and snatch my bodyweight. Now that I got these, my training focus is on weightlifting in general and getting a ccs #2.5 close with both hands.

Edited by kinselbj

I use my home gym twice a day for 1/2 hour at lunch and 1 hour after work five days a week.

During lunch workouts I do abs, deadlifts, and squats with deadlifts and squats on different days.

In the afternoon I do on different days followed by a short cardio session; bench, weighted pullups, overhead press and on one day curls, tricep pressdowns and wrist curl and levering, on the fifth day I do a long cardio session.

I mix my grip work with my pressing days with crush grip on my bench day and pinch work on my overhead press day. I just do a set of grip after each set of bench or pressing. The grip work does not seem to add to my recovery time so it does not add to my workout length.

right now I do 3 gym workouts per week. about 1.5 hours each. I throw 3 times a week for about 2 hours(this is throwing plus sled work) and I do grip about 3 times a week. My thursday grip I do for about 3 hours while watching movies or whatever. Tuesday is about an hour. And saturday is usaully 2-3 hours. Lots of rest during those long grip workoputs. Plus I do extensor work a couple of days a week at work.

note, I sleep about 10 hours a night right now. I don't do much else besides work and train.

Brent

Edited by barbe705

I lift 4 times a week, but I do grippers at a completely different time than my full-body training, usually earlier.

I do all my lifting at home, so I can fit anything in at anytime I feel like it. I lift about 45min-1hr a day. Depending on what I'm doing, my rest time varies. My current routine looks like this:

Monday: Biceps + chest

Tuesday: Tri's + back(lats done on Wed. for times sake)

Wednesday: Lats

Thursday: Shoulders + traps

Friday: Legs + abs

Right now, my routine is worked out around super rest-pause for bi's/tri's, drop-sets for shoulders, GVT for lats, low reps for

bench and dl, and everthing else is the avg 3x8.

Edited by Magnus

my quest : whats the total lengh of time u guys spend each day in the gym doing upper/lower body + grippers?

I don't spend more than an hour every other day, unless I'm training with friends. Low volume, heavy movements.

I train hand grippers first, and everything else mixed together.

Maybe a bit more rest between sets would help.

whats the total lengh of time u guys spend each day in the gym doing upper/lower body + grippers

today squats , extra leg work and grippers (as in my log) took me just under 3 hours to do. Longer if i am training with people because i talk too much.

"THE #4 WILL BE CLOSED THIS YEAR!"

i believe what OLDGUY said: "Sam Salomi will close #4"

now its U! damm , Temmu must be happy:-) (because its necessary to have more guys with the desire to break plateaus). congrats Sam for this statement!

LOL .. sam's statement disappeared ... whats going on??:-)

LOL .. sam's statement disappeared ... whats going on??:-)

Hmmm? I see it ;)

It's back up now, it was coming up saying my sig was too long so i had to play round with it for a while. Is it saying it now?

Edited by CoC#3