Hit Several Pr's Yesterday!

lukeamdman

I got quite the workout with Matt on Sunday, so I gave myself a few days to recover.

Started with a simple warm up with the hg150x10 for two sets each hand. I then went straight to the HG350 that calibrated to 161.5 / 3.19. Smashed it on the first try!

Even though I'm left handed, I think because of the spring it's fallen a little bit behind. Until last night, my best close LH was the 2.5, both MMS and CCS. Gave the BBSM a try, got it! Then gave the HG300 a try...first attempt failed...dang pinky tendon. Second attempt, got it! I then tried the 350 and fell short about 3/16".

After closing the 350, I was pretty confident moving onto the really hard #3. First attempt, thought a nailed it...but the wife disagreed. Since I don't know for sure, we'll call it a no go. Second attempt, may 1/32". Third attempt...1/8".... Out of steam at that point.

I then gave it a good 10 minutes rest and thought I'd try the coin challenge again:) Got the BBSM (3.07) for 12.6 seconds. :rock

I had to cut the workout short, wife had dinner ready and the kids wanted to eat.

After dinner I took a small drive (13 min) over to GordonV's place and bought a Blob50 :cool

Gordon is a very cool guy! If any of you are in the Minneapolis/Richfield area, stop by and meet him. The blob50 is awesome! I even got to give his #3 a try that he certed on back in 03!

Nice job on that 350, Luke :rock Sounds like you're getting better and better. Btw, I was doing an attempt on my BBE the other day, and you'll never guess what happened; pinky tendon snapped across my middle knuckle, just like you described. I actually have it on camera, since I was recording the attempt. It's the first time it's happened to me...You jinxed me :D

Edited by Magnus

The first few times that happens it hurts! Even now 6 months later is still hurts every time.

How close are you on the BBE?

Well, *cough* past parallel :blush

Thats about as far as I can that dang thing. Hows the progress on the 300 and 350?

Luke : i have no doubt u are getting much better with grippers because u have one guy named Matt training with u:-)

congrats for all the P.R!

your coin challenge result was brutal! :rock

Thanks guys!

I've only trained with Matt once, but I've received advice on just about everything from him and I can already see the results! He also introduced me to BTR work, and shed some light how a proper negative is done. OUCH!!!

Thanks guys!

I've only trained with Matt once, but I've received advice on just about everything from him and I can already see the results! He also introduced me to BTR work, and shed some light how a proper negative is done. OUCH!!!

Good work Luke! Just for my own interest, how is a 'proper' negative done?

Thanks guys!

Good work Luke! Just for my own interest, how is a 'proper' negative done?

The key is intensity. Before when doing negatives, I'd of course work very hard to keep the gripper from opening, but I could have put more into it. Matt described it as "nothing pleasant, and it should be an all out, face messed up, all body, alarming to bystanders effort". =)

Well, *cough* past parallel :blush

Thats about as far as I can that dang thing. Hows the progress on the 300 and 350?

I'm still the same on the 300, but I haven't tried the 350 recently. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight and let you know.

Edited by Magnus