Hub Lifting

big nasty

I went out to play in the garage the blob's were kicking my butt so I turned to my old fav hubbing pulled out my Billard 45 and did some warmup's. And then I started to add weight 5 lb's then 8 the 12 1/2 and got very pleased with this I tried 15 and floated it and tore some skin off the thumb so I quit. On a side note my 6 year old son came and stuck his hand in my chalk bucket so I told him you chalk up you lift. So I pulled out a 5 lb plate he id it easy so added 1 1/2 lb's got it put another 1 1/2 to make it 8 and he got it he is so fun to watch. Then he wanted to do some pinch he ended up doing 3 5lb plate's I was impressed. And for his grand finally he did a ONE HAND full pull with my 56lb kettlebell both hand's he weigh's 49lbs. :bow

thats a good lift :rock and tell your son he did good too :D sounds like you will have a good training partner i think it was 10 when i took my boy to his doctor and asked if he could lift weights i heard it was bad for them to start too young his doctor said start light and take it easy i got him a set of hexes from 5 to 25lb and he used them for about 1 1/2 years along with a standerd bar and some yorks along with a stepper and other stuff he made out ok he is taller than me and on most stuff stronger too :angry: if he ever got serious in grip he would be one of the best but at 23 other things take first priority and grip is last

Thank's Dan and Ben he play's around but that's the frist time he hung out almost the whole workout. I have to be careful with him because he want's go heavy like his dad all the time HAHAHA !!! :D

Strong hubbing man!!!! :rock That is great to get your son interested in grip also. . . . good for quality time together and will help keep him out of trouble when he gets older.

Good job Jason!! I wish i could do that!

It toke me a while Matt to get it back I had a wrist injury that set me back but getting it back now. I have done + 20 but it was someone else's hub this actuallly a P/R with this hub it is a old Billard it came with some of the first weight's I ever bought 15 year's ago. And they came from a college around here so who know's the real age it also weigh's 46.4 lb's so it is a heavy plate. I bet if you worked it you could do it I heard year's ago at gym I was at that this feat was kind of considered nasty that's before I knew anything about grip. So it has been kind of a favorite of mine my since I started grip work almost 5 year's ago. If you want I can P/M you some finger placement that may help it toke me a long time to fiqure that one out. The one that is taking me forever is plate pinching I have been between 35's and 45's for eternity. :D

• 2 weeks later...

plus twenty?! :blink how are you holding the hub - I hold it with my ring finger kinda sideways and my pinky isn't really helping - and Casey holds with all his finger tips pressing on the hub and he is really good at hubbing - do you hold like Casey or like me. Jeremiah holds w/just his index and thumb :blink