Shiny Bastard

Paul Knight

Was getting restless - had my brother-in-law (James) film my Shiny DU for a FBBC cert. The video is pretty long 75% of it is wrapping - if you want to skip the wrapping: go to about 4 min into it for the bend. PR for me :D

Edited by Paul Knight

He's getting pretty good at double over, too. Last night he took a 665 pound King of All Bastards bar to about 3 1/4", despite the bend being about 5/8" off center. So, with a little work on his crush he should be bending it soon... probably tomorrow. :rolleyes

Good gosh! What can't you do Paul?

Great job.

Tim

Great work Paul!!!

Almost 90 degrees is a great job!!!! :rock

Very close to 90 degrees :rock Very well done! And moving the KOAB to more than 90 degree is VERY GOOD! We want a video of this bend this week :D And by the end of the year a KOASB! Go for it :rock

This is just nuts.

We want a video of this bend this week :D

Attached is the vid of my attempt from the other night - I think the bar was too far into the leather on one side, because it was farther off center than usual - next time I'm going to mark on the bar where to put the wraps - I'm hoping that if I can bend it evenly then maybe that will give me just enough to finish it, that or I could just give it to Ben Edwards to finish for me in 2 seconds. You think there will ever be "relay bending" (like passing the baton) :laugh Anyways, Alawadhi - maybe I'll get a KOASB after I'm re-incarnated in my next life as a gorilla or in the genus "GAZZA" I think its Latin for "ridiculous steel bender" :laugh

He's getting pretty good at double over, too. Last night he took a 665 pound King of All Bastards bar to about 3 1/4", despite the bend being about 5/8" off center. So, with a little work on his crush he should be bending it soon... probably tomorrow. :rolleyes

This made my jaw drop haha, on a side note good DU bend!

wow!!!! great bend Paul!!!! :rock

Attached is the vid of my attempt from the other night - I think the bar was too far into the leather on one side, because it was farther off center than usual - next time I'm going to mark on the bar where to put the wraps - I'm hoping that if I can bend it evenly then maybe that will give me just enough to finish it, that or I could just give it to Ben Edwards to finish for me in 2 seconds. You think there will ever be "relay bending" (like passing the baton) :laugh Anyways, Alawadhi - maybe I'll get a KOASB after I'm re-incarnated in my next life as a gorilla or in the genus "GAZZA" I think its Latin for "ridiculous steel bender" :laugh

I am sure if you keep up this training then you will HURT the KOASB this year. Your attempt was :rock Try to finish it in your next workout. I bet it will fall!

Man that ain't right! Rest up and try one of the KOAB's again!

GREAT strength Paul!!! Absolutely phenomenal progress. You will not be stopped. Love the shout out too buddy, haha! I have really considered putting relay bending into a contest. And also a team grip contest as well. You are one of the reasons why I won't be too in a hurry to come back to bending... there won't be any point trying to beat you. :blink I mean that in a complimentary way too.

man that is just wrong wrong wrong..... wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

And I bet you will be bending a koasb before the end of the year. It just might take you a bit longer to get it DU and reverse. What is your best reverse bend now btw? I just asked this like last week but a week for you is like 3 months for most of us I guess.

Awesome Paul :rock:rock That is a lot harder than you make it look!!!! Congrats :rock

Incredible bending! :rock

Awwwwww Mannnnnnnnnn!!!! :D Well buddy, you beat me to that one! I guess that's what I get for slacking on the DU. It seems you have mastered(in like virtually no time) the DU style that Booyah and I use. You make it hard to keep up Paul!! :blink And that KOAB carnage ?????? Isn't it against the rules to progress that fast!!?? Seriously though dude, you are making bending a blast for me right now just trying to one-up you!! :D :D Keep it up! :rock I've never progressed this fast so far. With you pulling stuff like this, I can't afford to rest! Right now it seems that we are on opposite ends of the length spectrum; You are able to pull off the6- 7'' big bends, and I like the nasty short stuff in the 4-6'' range. Well, I have big bundle of KOAB's just begging to be cut to 6''.............. :shifty Congrats again, and good luck buddy!!! :cool

Sick! Man you are so close. Eric is right, just a little crush work. the hard part on those is the kink. Start cutting them down though and the crush gets really nasty with that 3/8 stock. Good luck man I hope you get it soon!

:rock:rock:rock

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Well, I have big bundle of KOAB's just begging to be cut to 6''.............. :shifty

That will be crazy!!!! I'm cheering for you Jeremiah! :yikes

Sick! Man you are so close. Eric is right, just a little crush work. the hard part on those is the kink. Start cutting them down though and the crush gets really nasty with that 3/8 stock. Good luck man I hope you get it soon!

Thanks Aaron - thats very inspiring coming from you. (MEGA BENDER!) thanks for the motivation. :D

Edited by Paul Knight