Cool Down Set?

abagh89

Hey everybody, i was just wondering what is your take on doing a cool down after a max strength set of grippers by doing a lighter set of lets say Trainer closures afterwords? Do you do a cool down set of a easier gripper after your maximum set?

I understand the importantance of a warm up and cool down for all my lifts including grip training.As an example lets say for the Bench press i would warm up with a light weight then move onto my working sets. On my last working set, lets say i attempt a 1 rep max. After i would do this i would be done for the day aside from doing some stretches, i would never, when training for Maxiumum strength go for a cool down by doing a lighter weight in the bench press. I would only do this if i were training for a pump. .(for some reason i always felt i should end with the highest weight i can do)

Much like my bench press training, i approached grippers the same way. I would make sure i warmed up properly before i would do my working sets on the gripper, but i would end the workout by doing a maximum closure. So right now i would end my workout with a couple attempts at the number 2 and some negatives. Afterwords, for my "cool down" i do some contrast baths, dexterity balls, rubber bands. Just like for my cool down for bench i did some stretches instead of going back down to a lighter weight or easier gripper. ( i felt this way just like training for maximum strength on the bench i end with the highest i can do)

So i was wondering what do you guys do? do you follow a similar approach as mine, where you end with the maximum weight you can do for the day, and "cool down" by doing similar exercises that would work the same body parts? or do you strip down the weight or get a easier gripper out to finish off your workout? Should i always end with the highest weight when training for max strength?

Reason im asking is i might not be doing a proper cooldown and who knows it could be hindering my progress in all my lifts.i might have to change my whole routine. Would like to hear your thoughts! thanks.

Edited by adam baghbanbashi

I do that with my hg100 after my heavy sets, plus the water bath and stretching. I don't really have good reason for doing it, just kinda for the joy of it. I don't do any cool-downs after my regular lifting, though. For that, I just do stretches.

Edited by Magnus