#2.5 - #3

justiceislost1988

i was wondering for all you #3 crushers how long did it take you to get from the #2.5 to the #3? and i was wondering what grippers you used to close the gap and if there was any assistance exercises or tips on what to do with grippers (I.E. volume, negatives, TNS, MMS) any help would be very much appreciated :rock

I can't get the #3 closed yet, but I can CCS the 2.5.

I do know a good in between gripper is the BBSM. It's definitely harder than the 2.5, and easier than the 3. I was originally going to get the GM, but the members here steered me in the right direction. They were right.

I'll be starting my assault on the #3 later this year. My plan is: working up to the BBSM and filed #2.5 for reps, assisted NEG's on a BBE, and Vulcan/RPT work. Going to stick with my 2 20 minute workouts per week and see how it goes. Might have to step things up, but I'm going to try the "less is more" approach at first.

Good luck...

I havent touched any grippers accept COC all the way up to my cert. Going from the 2.5 to 3 is very possible without getting any rated in-between. Just takes time.

i was wondering for all you #3 crushers how long did it take you to get from the #2.5 to the #3? and i was wondering what grippers you used to close the gap and if there was any assistance exercises or tips on what to do with grippers (I.E. volume, negatives, TNS, MMS) any help would be very much appreciated :rock

Try my workout - it's short and very effective!

Edited by Steels

thanks for the replies everybody i was thinking the BBSM myself my workout right now is just a lot of MMS i have a workout log that i keep my gripper stuff in on here and my workout at the moment seems to be working really well for now i'm less the 1/4'' away from my 2.5 and i'm chasing the 3 within 4 months which is the main reason for this thread to see if it's been done in that short amount of time :D

I wished I had the Vulcan gripper sooner, it would have saved me a lot of time ;)

So I would say, go for the Vulcan!

i guess it deppends whats the calibration of your #3 ...

some are average 150/152.5 lbs(3.0) ...each one of us its different, i dont think there's a "special routine" ... i closed my #2.5 last oct and i am 1 mm to close my #3 now .. not sure about the calibration of them , wish i know.

to fill the gap : rb 240 (mine its betwen my #2.5 and my #3) .... i agree with Chris ... actually dont need any .... i closed my rb 240 first time and i was still having lots of problems with my #3.

try the coin challenge with your #2.5 and /or fil your #2.5 ( 1mm each side for start) , it may helps:-)

I but my #3 in a choker and it is working great but I have a strong sweep and a week crush. But it is really improving my crush I have closed my 2.5 and about 3 week's of the choker work and I am mashing it so you might try it. I am just missing the #3 by about the width of a quarter in the choker I was also told by Scott Harris via Josh Dale to work and work on my MMS set and that has helped alot to good luck. :D

big nasty:try to to reduce the choker distance , i bet u can close with 1 inch distance:-)

It took me 4 months and 3 days from the time I closed my #2 until I closed my #3. You can look at my workout routine to get an idea of what I did and how frequent. It shows my progress of #3 to closing the Elite (BBE). The routines are the same, just drop down 1 gripper.

Note: Back then there was no #2.5 but the Super Master (BBSM) fell nicely in between.

pc

Edited by porkchop

big nasty:try to to reduce the choker distance , i bet u can close with 1 inch distance:-)

[/i will give it whirl thank's :D