Dc2

Paul Knight

My first DC2 - Eric is rubbing off on me! he did one of these the other day.

Very well done Paul :rock

Great Paul!

err, wait a minute! Now I have to get back into shoes so as not to be shown up!

Great Paul!

err, wait a minute! Now I have to get back into shoes so as not to be shown up!

I just got shown up big time...but I had the feeling it was coming. Nice bend!

Dang!!!! Now even the horseshoes are no longer safe ;)

Once again, congratulations on that bend Paul :rock

Edited by naturalstrength

Wow! Great all around strength.

Tim

Awsome shoe bend! Thoose DC2 are tough!

Great work Paul!! You need to give on2 of the DC3s a try. If you can get them just a little bit more past 180 on your leg that crush will be a ton easier for ya. Strong Bend!

Great work Paul!! You need to give on2 of the DC3s a try. If you can get them just a little bit more past 180 on your leg that crush will be a ton easier for ya. Strong Bend!

Your right! I guess you noticed I was trying the final crush to early and it wasn't until I went back to my leg for a few more hits that I finally started to move it on the final crush. I've seen some of your DC1's hearted - thats awesome! - might you know how they compare? I haven't tried to heart a DC1 yet. I was feeling froggy last night :tongue

I haven't been able to find and DC3's any where - do you know where I can get some? Are those the shoes they stopped making? Eric and I hearted a couple of St. Croix Lite #3's the other day though (rimmed) they were tougher in my opinion than the DC2 - do you think that shoe might be comparable to the DC3? Zach you can chime in also.

Hahaaaa :laugh Is that a beer bottle in the background? You should know better than to drink and bend. Its all fun and games until someone "pokes their eye out" on the end of a horseshoe ;)

Nice work Paul :rock

Your right! I guess you noticed I was trying the final crush to early and it wasn't until I went back to my leg for a few more hits that I finally started to move it on the final crush. I've seen some of your DC1's hearted - thats awesome! - might you know how they compare? I haven't tried to heart a DC1 yet. I was feeling froggy last night :tongue

I haven't been able to find and DC3's any where - do you know where I can get some? Are those the shoes they stopped making? Eric and I hearted a couple of St. Croix Lite #3's the other day though (rimmed) they were tougher in my opinion than the DC2 - do you think that shoe might be comparable to the DC3? Zach you can chime in also.

I'd love to, but really can't. I have never bent a DC2 or DC3. I would be willing to bet, however, that a Lite #3 Rim is around a DC3. The DC shoes seem to get harder as the # goes up. I have never had a problem destroying DC0's but DC1's were always a bit tougher. Everyone who has done a DC1 and DC2 has said they are much harder so I have to go with them on that at this point.

What you need to do, Paul, is get yourself a St. Croix Regular Plain #2 or #3 and see how you fair ;)

You should know better than to drink and bend.

:yikes:yikes I know I'm not suppose to ............................. but its a great combination! :yikes:yikes

What you need to do, Paul, is get yourself a St. Croix Regular Plain #2 or #3 and see how you fair wink.gif

Are you talking about a Lite #3 not rimmed? is the not rimmed considered a plain or is that a completely different shoe?

P. S. - I guess horse shoes are way more popular than braced bending. I was expecting to see more feedback on my mid bar bend :blink

Excellent bend Paul :rock I have only recently gotten to the DC level myself, having bent quite a few DC1's, a single DC0, and a single DC2. The DC0 was a little tough for me to find good starting position, but it went much easier than the DC1's have. Most of the time, I can get roughly 140-160 degrees of damage on the DC1. That DC2 that I did was a monster and it took everything I had to get it to around 140 degrees of damage. Now, if you bent those St. Croix Forge Lite shoes previously, then a DC2 should be little, if any trouble for you. My only attempt at one resulted in no damage to the shoe, but spasms in my ribs that lasted 3 weeks or so.

Are you talking about a Lite #3 not rimmed? is the not rimmed considered a plain or is that a completely different shoe?

P. S. - I guess horse shoes are way more popular than braced bending. I was expecting to see more feedback on my mid bar bend :blink

Yep. A "Plain" is just not a rim. It's the same shoe only a tad harder ;) Check out the second to last shoe in this pic,

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7025 (you can click for a larger picture)

It is a Plain #3 Lite sitting between 2 Rimmed #2's(the farthest to the right being a Rimmed Regular).

More people have experience with bending shoes I think. Plus, I was on a big shoe bending spree a few weeks before you joined the board and a bunch of guys jumped in :)

Nice work. Its the Beer!!! Bending and Beer go hand in hand. Hey Pass a hef and some lemon my way.

Yep. A "Plain" is just not a rim. It's the same shoe only a tad harder ;) Check out the second to last shoe in this pic,

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7025 (you can click for a larger picture)

It is a Plain #3 Lite sitting between 2 Rimmed #2's(the farthest to the right being a Rimmed Regular).

More people have experience with bending shoes I think. Plus, I was on a big shoe bending spree a few weeks before you joined the board and a bunch of guys jumped in :)

Ahh yes, the famous avatar pic. ;) ................ so you think the 3 plain is just a tad harder or quite a bit harder than the rim?

and

are you not still on your shoe spree? :blink

Ahh yes, the famous avatar pic. ;) ................ so you think the 3 plain is just a tad harder or quite a bit harder than the rim?

and

are you not still on your shoe spree? :blink

Haha, yep. It's my avatar pic :laugh I have never bent a #3 Lite Rim, but judging by how the #2 Lite Rim in the pic felt, I'd have to say the #3 Plain was noticeably harder. The Regular #2 Rim is a super tough shoe but I'd be willing to bet you could take it down, especially if you could take a #3 Lite Rim far enough to heart it. You should get ahold of one and have at it ;)

Nah, I got burnt out on the shoes for awhile. I was also concentrating on my deadlifting near the end of my shoe spree and I started noticing that pulling and shoe bending are closely related. My upper back was fatigued from deadlifting everytime I attempted a heavy shoe and that is the main puller when using my starting technique. I decided to focus on pulling first and shoes later. I actually haven't bent a shoe in months and my hands have thanked me for it :laugh Just ask Stew and Nick Rosendaul, I had a big ole hole in my hand from all the shoes I had been doing :cool

Nah, I got burnt out on the shoes for awhile.

It can't be . . . . :cry :cry . . . please - just give them another chance :unsure

I was on a big shoe bending spree a few weeks before you joined the board and a bunch of guys jumped in :)

What are you talking about? :whistel

Nah, I got burnt out on the shoes for awhile.

It can't be . . . . :cry :cry . . . please - just give them another chance :unsure

Ok, ok, just for you Paul ;) I'll need to get back into them though. I actually ran out of all my polos and DC shoes. Both were my warm up piles for the hard shoes so I'll have to make a trip out to Tractor Supply sometime soon :) I just can't bend a tough shoe without having done an easy one before it. Even when I was strongest at them.

Haha, your right Matt. I don't know what I'm talking about on that one :whistel I'm pretty proud of the fact that it took Jeremiah and Nick R almost a month to bend a #3 Lite after me :rock :rock :rock It was the first victory I've had in a great while :cool

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Ok, ok, just for you Paul ;)

My job is done! < <

Edited by Paul Knight

I would say the Lite 3 was harder than the DC3. I couln't get the Lite 3 into a heart. When I was flattening it on my leg it put the brakes on just past 180 and couldn't move it after that. I have to get some more hard shoes because I'm out. The next time i go to the place I get my shoes at i can see if they still have the DC3. As far as I know they still make them.