12mm X 12" Braced Bend

wscorpion

At timiacobucci's request I've braced bended another piece of steel.

This time the 1/2" x 12" (or 12mm x 30,5mm) round HRS bar :rock

Video should be available soon (once it's finished processing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35X6AMmwGZk

I think you can go even shorter - you looked strong on your leg-crush! congrats on the PR!

Strong as always!!! :bow :bow

You may have won this battle, but the war isn't over yet Mark.. :laugh

Fantastic man!!

Mark,

Great job! I wondered when you'd hit another braced bend.

Keep at it.

Tim

I told Mark that although it's a great bend. I failed him for putting his foot on the bench to do some bend against the knee.

I have to fail it because of this, because although it's not written in the rules for braced, only because I thought no one would ever do it. It is in any unbraced bending rules

4. Competitor may not lean against any stationary object. The feet on the ground are the only permissible contact.

I will put this rule into all the braced rules now. Sorry, but I can't let people start doing this, and anyway, Mark was easily strong enough to do it, and will easily do it again.

David

Great bend Mark, I wouldn't worry about it not going on the list because I think you can go shorter anytime you want to try it.

Edited by Stew

Thanks guys!!!

And David,

Like I said in the PM, It's too bad I didn't know / realize it sooner, would have saved me the trouble to go for the 11" in a few days :P :rock

But I can imagine the rule, otherwise there are ways to use a stationary object to gain a strength advantage very easily.

In this case (that's how I feel at least), I primarily did it for stability.

If you look at my 13" bend you'll see that I am pulling so hard that I almost lost my stability ;)

But like I said, this is just some extra motivation for the 11"-er.

If I can kink it enough to continue it between my legs then I'm sure I'll finish it. ;)

Great bend Mark, I wouldn't worry about it not going on the list because I think you can go shorter anytime you want to try it.

I agree. You can go shorter anytime you want :rock Congrats!

Nice work!!!

Thanks Guys!!!! :rock

I removed the video above since I bended the 12"-er once again.

Here's the link to the new video, without using the bench as stability support:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSDHd9Ua-0

Since I wasn't too happy with bending another 12"-er, I decided to bend the 11.5"-er as well.

My legs were bruised pretty bad when starting this bend, that's why it's taking so long. Should still be sufficient for David's list though ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G8U9Q43vVU

Next up is the 11"-er (once my legs are back to normal again :D)

dang! you have a strong leg crush! can't wait to see the next one! :rock

Thanks! ;)

very strong bend Mark! Congrats :rock

Thanks mate!!

Kick ass man, I come back to from travel to find a whole bunch of crazy stuff being done. Man I'm glad I asked if you were gonna get back in the game. I don't think you lost much over your hiatus hahaha.

I still can't crush my 13" peice I don't know how the hell you guys are killing this stuff at 12" and under.

You, Tim T and Paul all wear jeans though, and those two have told me it helps, how do you feel about it Mark?

Kick ass man, I come back to from travel to find a whole bunch of crazy stuff being done. Man I'm glad I asked if you were gonna get back in the game. I don't think you lost much over your hiatus hahaha.

I still can't crush my 13" peice I don't know how the hell you guys are killing this stuff at 12" and under.

You, Tim T and Paul all wear jeans though, and those two have told me it helps, how do you feel about it Mark?

What can I say..... I still have the stitches of the jeans in my legs from those bends, so if it really helps?....

I would say that pants with a decent thickness like jeans but without the stitches in between the legs and preferably a bit less slippy would be best.

You don't want to see my legs now ;)

Unfortunately with these bends my long lost injury got back as well.

I noticed it today when warming up with the bench press. the second I pulled of the bar I already felt it started hurting again in my right bicep tendons. But of course I can't stop my training because of this so now my arm is taped up again :(

So now I'll just take some rest from bending again until it's fully healed again....

Great stuff Mark, I know what its like with the injurys as I seem to go from one to another without much break in between, I just strap em up and carry on training hoping it will go away but as I get older they seem to take a lot longer to go than they used to.

Great stuff Mark, I know what its like with the injurys as I seem to go from one to another without much break in between, I just strap em up and carry on training hoping it will go away but as I get older they seem to take a lot longer to go than they used to.

Yeah, that's life ;)

You know, it's funny that people around me don't look surprised when having an injury and tell me it's because I'm doing things which I'm not supposed to do, like bending steel and stuff, since the body isn't made for that.

But it's not that often at all that I have an injury. If you take a look at soccer or hockey players, how often does it happen that they have an injury?

it's just the risk of sports, especially when you're going for it ;)

Edited by White Scorpion

Congratulations Mark, that's incredible.

I tried the 13" piece yesterday, but couldn't get it last 30 degrees.

Edited by luuc

Still a good effort!

Did you try the 13.5" already, or did you skip it and went straight for the 13"-er?

Still a good effort!

Did you try the 13.5" already, or did you skip it and went straight for the 13"-er?

Didn't seem like an important step to me, but it is :blush , I'll give it a try at the end of this week.

At that length a half inch makes a big difference! I think I'm gonna try some half inch tomorrow, but my leg crush isn't the best, so this is probably going to be ridiculous hard for me. congrats again Mark you should go straight to 10.5".............. just freak-out on it and you'll get it! :yikes:yikes

At that length a half inch makes a big difference! I think I'm gonna try some half inch tomorrow, but my leg crush isn't the best, so this is probably going to be ridiculous hard for me. congrats again Mark you should go straight to 10.5".............. just freak-out on it and you'll get it! :yikes:yikes

Maybe I will. But besides the strength there's also the confidence you need to bend it.

Building up the confidence by doing the 11"-er first is more of a safe way to go ;)

Once I get the 11"-er I can safely focus on the 10.5" since it's "only" 0.5" shorter ;)