Bbb3 Events Final, Less One

John Beatty

22 members have voted

1. 1. Max Bastards in 5 min, or best of three attempt like normal?

• Max bastards in 5 min
    • 3 attempts

The official date of the BBB4 is Oct 4. Request off now. It will be like last year, 25 spots & then shut down. First come, first served. Food & beer after, feats until I get too tired to stay up & families are welcome, but we do have limited seating.

Events:

Grippers

Bending - still undecided whether max bastards in 5 min (if we do this, I will try to get the softer Bastard stock if available in the next 5 months & will stockpile it so I can have at least 300-400 Bastards for the comp), or three attempts.

two hand medley

hercules hold

tearing medley

Big squeeze DL

Of course meet T's, Prizes & trophies through 10th place.

I'll be trying to get the entry form up in the next few days.

Edited by John Beatty

As neat as the max bastards event sounds, I think it will leave some guys out. I know that you'd have it drop down the line to G8's or 1/4" Sq or something but I really love seeing guys put their all into a max bend.

All sounds good then John! :rock :rock :rock

I'm in! And my dad will definitely be there to compete as well. So save two spots for us :D Whats the entry fee? $50?

I also voted for max bend. As cool as endurance bending sounds, last time I tired it I ripped my palm open, I really don't feel like training it again :D

Ok guys, max bend 3 attempts again then. I'll try to get the entry done Thurs. It will be at the FBBC headquarters again. Will work on some sponsors to have more prizes. I may try to have a radio or TV promo the night before, if anyone gets in early Fri & would be interested in doing it, let me know.

Ok guys, max bend 3 attempts again then. I'll try to get the entry done Thurs. It will be at the FBBC headquarters again. Will work on some sponsors to have more prizes. I may try to have a radio or TV promo the night before, if anyone gets in early Fri & would be interested in doing it, let me know.

I'll be there 5ish Friday so I'd be interested if you could hook that up.

Start time will be 12 noon, so the guys driving in that day will have enough time to get there. I took the day before off, so I'd have time to get things all ready (otherwise I work 11am-11pm, thought that might suck). If the weather turns out good, we'll be set up & ready, only thing we'll need is another small sized car for the ramps. So if anyone driving has a Camry sized vehicle that would be great, or if two people have small sized trucks or such.

I've talked to the local news, and the paper, and they're interested in coming out, so we'll have coverage this year. Last year I forgot until it was too late, but already covered now. I'm also going to check into some of the event filming people & see if I can get a reasonable DVD made up, maybe to sell, too. Wanted to know if there is interest in a DVD?

Dvd will be a great idea, the events are all awesome and to watch all of them even to get some tips would be great!

John, I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN A DVD. I will be there the day of so I suppose I'm out of the whole "coverage" deal but like I said in the sentence previous, I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN A DVD.

I would definitely want a DVD.

John, we're renting a Chevy Aveo, would that work? Or too light? It's a pretty small car but I figured I'd offer.

A DVD sounds like a great idea.

I got a reply & some basic info on costs for the DVD. I'm figuring I'd need at least 10-12 guys at $35 per & I'll cover the other half (or a little more) of the expenses. You guys think about it & let me know. If we want to add some after contest stuff, it'll cost more, he charges $100 per hour on site, plus reproduction costs for the DVD's. When I get a more exact number, I'll post some more info, but we'll start there. Waiting on some other quotes, too.

Hi John, I'll be at the contest but would not be interested in purchasing a dvd. See you in October.

Josh

I got a reply & some basic info on costs for the DVD. I'm figuring I'd need at least 10-12 guys at $35 per & I'll cover the other half (or a little more) of the expenses. You guys think about it & let me know. If we want to add some after contest stuff, it'll cost more, he charges $100 per hour on site, plus reproduction costs for the DVD's. When I get a more exact number, I'll post some more info, but we'll start there. Waiting on some other quotes, too.

Why not do it like Rice did at Gripmas with just a few video cameras running and contributed footage? So long as you have a camera and a DVD burner, all it would cost you is the price of the DVD's.

That's cool with me, I'd like to get footage, especially the after stuff, and I've had people ask about DVD's of the BBB in the past, so we'll keep things open for now & make a final decision later.

I'm going to work on hotels this week, we won't be using the Drury again, prices were too high last year & they charged me for a room I didn't use & took 3 months to get me a refund. I'll look for something in the same general area, so all the shopping, restaurants & such will be close. Going to try to keep the room cost under $100, but that may be tough due to the comp being in the middle of the U of I football season, even though that weekend is an away game the hotels jack it up.

I've got a couple of sponsors on board already, Robert Baraban & GILL athletics, along with FBBC of course, so will be trying to work up some even better prize packages this year. I had a pretty nifty idea for the load medley, so will be building that soon, it's going to be an eye popper.

We will have local media coverage, so I'll try to record the news & have it posted if I can figure out how, and if the paper shows, too, I'll try to get a bunch of copies so everyone can get one. I've got a friend that works for the local paper & he hooked me up with a pile last year when my son was on the front page for the article on FBBC.

As always, we'll play for hours after the show, so anyone is welcome to bring toys. The lots behind my house haven't sold yet (I still want to buy the one directly behind, but not yet), so we've got a lot of space to play.

I'm going to do the entry shortly, and will post it asap. I would like to request checks for the entry fees, not paypal if possible, I have a tendency to use the Paypal $ for other FBBC things & then have to come up with big chunks at the last minute. If I have the checks, I'll only cash them as I need to pay for stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

You can count me in John!! :D How do I go about getting an entry form?

Thanks Gerry! :cool

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I see a few KOAB's going down at the BBBIV

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

A couple of questions about the events:

Will gloves be provided for the license plate in the tearing medley or do we need to bring our own?

Will the Kazmeier rule be in effect for the tearing and 2H medleys?

Are there any restrictions on where you place hands on the big squeeze for the deadlift? I'm talking more in terms of width; I know you can't hook your fingers under, etc.

Will tilting be allowed?

Will the Jason Payne Caddy Crush Pads be allowed during the bending event? These have a prefabbed pocket in the leather so your steel doesn't slip out. They are made completely of leather and glue.

Hi John,

A couple of questions about the events:

Will gloves be provided for the license plate in the tearing medley or do we need to bring our own?

Will the Kazmeier rule be in effect for the tearing and 2H medleys?

Are there any restrictions on where you place hands on the big squeeze for the deadlift? I'm talking more in terms of width; I know you can't hook your fingers under, etc.

Will tilting be allowed?

Will the Jason Payne Caddy Crush Pads be allowed during the bending event? These have a prefabbed pocket in the leather so your steel doesn't slip out. They are made completely of leather and glue.

I'll supplement Josh's questions quick,

Will the license plates be steel or aluminum? (It makes a difference :laugh )

WHAT is the Kazmeier rule?

What exactly were you thinking of having in the tearing medley?

I second that.

I second that.

If I remember correctly it's: ez phonebook, deck crossways, hard phonebook, deck vertically, part's catalog, license plate

I second that.

If I remember correctly it's: ez phonebook, deck crossways, hard phonebook, deck vertically, part's catalog, license plate

Shoot, if that is one of those plastic paged monsters then no one, NO ONE will get past that. UNLESS the objects can be done in any order :unsure