If i were a few years older...

Drassk

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/9845/duffy.php

I read this and near flipped.  I've been living in Nova Scotia since 2000 but it seems I'm about 5 years too late to have seen Larry Farman here.  Odds are that he's not going to wander through here (is he still active?) and my request for videos of his past performances went unanswered so I guess I've missed out.

As a backup plan I'd really like to see a contemporary of the great art of 'bending and lifting difficult things' but I'm having a helluva time finding out the names of any men doing modern strongman acts or, if I do find them, any ways of finding out where they'll be performing.  Is there some sort of publication, website, or society that keeps tabs on this sort of thing or am I going to have to sit around waiting for a famous strongman to wander into my city by accident?

No, they haven't been unanswered. Someone posted a direct link in a post to clips of Slim.

Oh, sorry about that.  I did appreaciate the link to the clips (although I had already seen them, ya gotta read the main page :) ) but what I meant by videos (and was referring to as unanswered, sorry if I wasn't clear) was actual VHS footage of a whole show.