Video Of Blob Plus 15 Pounds

The Natural

Hey guys,

I'm on my way to beating Wade Gillingham's blob record. Here's a big milestone. Enjoy it, and thanks to all those who have encouraged me. Also, special thanks to Aaron for letting me use his equipment and video camera, and for his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJPC8Ic2KzY

Edited by The Natural

Nice lift!! btw whats the record?

According to Wade Gillingham's list of grip feats on the Jackal's Gym website, the record is blob plus 25.5 pounds. This, however, may be outdated.

Strong lift. Good job. :rock The blob50 looks MUCH bigger in my hand :laugh

Sweet lifting man! :rock

I keep getting you and "naturalstrength" mixed up, which I have found quite confusing! ...you keep looking different in every video!

...it's OK I think I've got it sorted now! :laugh

I keep getting you and "naturalstrength" mixed up, which I have found quite confusing! ...you keep looking different in every video!

Well, I get better looking every day. :D

Edited by The Natural

Natural,

Great job!!! :rock:rock

Looked very easy for you. Congratulations, I think the record is in the near future for you(very near!!) :rock

N, Very, very impressive. How does es your Blob "feel" as compared to other York Blobs? Have you weighed it on a accurate scale? Just wondering. I would like to make the O Blob available to you so the "grip world" can have a standard in which to measure by. I have done in years before the O B with extra weight but not what you are doing!RS

SOLID pull Rex! You might be good for +18-20 already!

Great lift, im wondering what you can do with the blob not quite to full deadlift, like have you loaded it up to 20lbs extra? maybe you could get that to knee height?

Keep it up

N, Very, very impressive. How does es your Blob "feel" as compared to other York Blobs? Have you weighed it on a accurate scale? Just wondering. I would like to make the O Blob available to you so the "grip world" can have a standard in which to measure by. I have done in years before the O B with extra weight but not what you are doing!RS

Thanks Richard.

Aaron's York blob is the only one I have ever handled. In fact, the only other blob I have ever touched (but did not lift) is Derek Graybill's Blob50. From what Aaron has told me, his own blob's texture is very good but not the best out there. I have never weighed it, but given how precise Aaron is in his training, I am sure that he has weighed it.

Edited by The Natural

Great lift, im wondering what you can do with the blob not quite to full deadlift, like have you loaded it up to 20lbs extra? maybe you could get that to knee height?

Keep it up

I have never done that. I may try blob plus 20 off of a stand some time soon. Partials are used for DL's and squats. No reason why they shouldn't work for this too. Thanks!

Me too!

Very GOOD lift :rock

i think you have +18 and i think you have a partial of +20 it's crazy how easy that looked great lift!

Great lift! :bow Good luck on going for the record. I think you should change your goal to "Blob plus 26#" since 25# won't surpass Wade's mark. He stops in here every once in a while so he might comment on if he has ever lifted more than the 25.5# listed.

Great lift! :bow Good luck on going for the record. I think you should change your goal to "Blob plus 26#" since 25# won't surpass Wade's mark. He stops in here every once in a while so he might comment on if he has ever lifted more than the 25.5# listed.

Yeah, like I said, the list may be outdated. But if I can just beat his old record, I'd be mighty proud.

Nice work Rex. You make it look really easy. I think you be surpassing Wade sooner than you think. Congrats :bow:bow

Have you tried Derek's blob50 lately?

Great pinch! How is your narrow Pinch? Can you do 2 45's? Not to meny out doing the blob plus that much weight. Keep it up!