Sticking point with 3

i have been stuck just short of closing the number 3 for sometime right now.It is so close i can taste it. My number one concern right now is closing the 3 as far a grip feats. At this point will doing pinch grip help me any or is it just making my hand fatigued for attempts at the number 3.

Thank you

Pete Knaus

Pete... can you change your screen name?  Bad timing, I know.

my current routine is

I pinch grip and deadlift fat dumbells on day 1

various weights mostly on how i feel that day usually

make an attempt at the 45s

then some reps with 35s

then 25s timed

fat dumbells 185lbs for a couple of reps

Day 2

crush grip

warmup with #1

try to shut #3  2-3 times

then hold the #3 shut with both hands a try to hold it there for for about a second or two 7X1. (time 2-3 minutes rest per set)

2 finger closes with the one a couple of reps

I also train 25+ hours a week as a track and field athlete doing lots of various training with olympic lifts being done 3 times per week.

I am curious about the handle thickness, because around here 2 3/8'' is the most significant diameter Being that of both the Inch and of the Rolling Thunder.

You are exactly where I am w/the #3.  I touched my old #3 a few times but I shaved the handless on it for training purposes.  My new 3 seems harder but its getting better (seasoned I guess).  I do pinch workouts mainly because its fun and I'm making good progress.   If you've gotten it that far you've probably already tried the negs, strap, etc.  I tried the once a day, low volume (ala wannagrip and others) routine just before I was able to touch my old gripper and it seemed to help.  I did nothing but grippers that week.

Guest Youngguy

Try pinching a 1/3"in. rope with weight tied to the bottom.  This should help you to get that last bit.  It helped me, so maybe it might just be what you need.