Training Program For Aw

gripparen

Can some one help me to put a traning program specially designed for AW for me? I can train strenght at the gym 2 times a week and aw 1 time.

I am just going to be honest you need to find some people in your area to pull with that is the true way to get better pull pull pull !!! :D

I don't train AW often, but I have a pretty good system that replicates pulling somebody. On my home gym system, it has a cable pulley for doing rows, triceps press-downs, etc, etc. I attach a long piece of chain to the cable, add a revolving 2 inch dumbbell handle(my home-made one that's in my gallery). I put my elbow on the bench, grab the handle, and pull the same way you would on somebodies arm. This way I can train anyway I want. I can do heavy negatives, high or low rep, change the tilt on handle to train from different angles, so I can mimic the hook, top-roll, etc. Btw, if none of this makes sense, I'll make a vid if you want and put it on my youtube account :D

Edited by Magnus

if your training twice a week in gym and once a week just foir AW i think its important taht your fresh for your AW sessions. so maybe do the AW at the beggining of the week (warm up good)and gym after em, so u can have weekend off to recover. like magnus said, he has a pully system which works good, i kinda have one. i just use a couple of chest expanders, i attach em to the door handle and then rest my elbows on a chair and pull, from any angle i wish =)

then in the gym focus on arm strength and grip etc. curls, hammer curls, isometric holds (i think are very good for AW, try to do em as if you were holding your enemy at the start of a match, and just hold for as long as you can) deadlifts, wrist curls, lever lifts, grippers, and pinch gripping.

also try getting somthing of a thick handle. like 2 - 3 inch. i just wrap a towel round the bars, its cheap and shit but i can tell how much more difficult it is