Armwrestling Exercise

Yersinia

i just started doing a new thing to get stronger in AW. i lie on the side on a bench with my elbow next to me on the bench. and my arm outside it with a dumbell . and i lift with a sidepressure movement, is this a good thing to do or should i try something else? :p

hope u understand this . limited english skills .hehe

You can also get some heavy band's or tubing and do the same thing give's you a little more flexablity.

i just started doing a new thing to get stronger in AW. i lie on the side on a bench with my elbow next to me on the bench. and my arm outside it with a dumbell . and i lift with a sidepressure movement, is this a good thing to do or should i try something else? :p

Yep. You can do the same laying on the floor. :) Bands are very good too, as you can hit different angles.

great. i just started doing it today . and it felt good. gonna get some bands now and try diff angles. thanks for the tips guys

great. i just started doing it today . and it felt good. gonna get some bands now and try diff angles. thanks for the tips guys

Hey one more if you have a rolling thunder handle or make a thick handle to do your pull's at the gym work good keep's the hand opened like grabbing a hand. You can do back bicep's all kind's of pull down work. :D

i got a RT handle. i havent been to a gym for years though. do my training at home. dumbell work mostly and no routine. just do what i feel like doing :p

but im gonna start going to the gym again. gonna bring my handle and try some moves then :)

ah yeah. thats the one i have started doing. i look just as stupid as the drawing aswell :p thanks for the link.

btw. i used a 16 kilo dumbell for 8reps and 3 sets. should i do higher weights and less reps or ? any tips are welcome. thanks in advance

Edited by Yersinia

side pressure training leads to injury quite easily. and you just started them, so take it slow. when you see progress maybe take a different routine, with more weight. but for AW your better off working the forearm and backpressure a lot and the side pressure will come with time, through matches.

checkout the devon larrat videos over here:

http://www.inthehook.com/devon.html

if the links don't work for you save them on your desktop it worked for me.

check what works for you and if it doesn't work change it. but other guys' experience is worth learning from.

Jonathan.

• 9 months later...

Careful you dont injure your Rotator Cuffs (small, easily injured, shoulder muscles) doing this.

Edited by Billerbit