How Hard Are The Old Tetting Grippers?

Magnus

Just wondering, does anybody know how Tetting's old steel-handled grippers would compare to newer ones? Like this one, for instance:

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album79/aag Man, look at that spread!

And just for the fun of it, here's a pic of the Godfather of Grip himself (the old guy, of coarse ;) ) :

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album79/aaa

Edited by Magnus

The Super Heavy Duty I tried was around a hard elite, it would probably calibrate at 160-170 give or take.

Bob,

Your probably right. The Iron Man Super I have with no knurling would be about that strength and difficulty.

The one I have has a huge spread (look at my gallery) and it's around 2.8 level. I didn't closed it but it seemed easier to a #3 back then. Now I won't do anything with it. Yes I am scared of it breaking :D

Are you sure it's a Super, as apart from the spring size there isn't a lot of difference between the 'Heavy', 'Extra Heavy' and the 'Super'.

For the newbies the lack of any grip or knurl also affects how hard it feels. David Horne's Vulcan Gripper also has none but does take chalk well. I've not seen any pics of a Tetting gripper of the style in the photo which has had a layer of chalk on it. So not only is the spread adding something (unless 'set' of course) but so is the shiny surface.

Are you sure it's a Super, as apart from the spring size there isn't a lot of difference between the 'Heavy', 'Extra Heavy' and the 'Super'.

I didn't say it's a super :D See my post. All I said my IronMan gripper is around 2.8 level. magnus didn't ask wether it's a super or something else. He only mentioned how these grippers compare to recent grippers. I talked about the one I own thus saying picture in gallery. But I know my gripper is 2.8. And is has a fading black color. See here http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5151

Sorry for any misinformation's

If you give me the spring width done by a digital caliper I'll try and tell you which one you have if you like.

David

If you give me the spring width done by a digital caliper I'll try and tell you which one you have if you like.

David

Well, that's the problem...I've got digital calipers, but I don't have the gripper :laugh But, I did find out that it is the Super Duty, so do you know

what that is the equivalent of? Thanks

David

Well, that's the problem...I've got digital calipers, but I don't have the gripper :laugh But, I did find out that it is the Super Duty, so do you know

Answered in the second post :)

The Super Heavy Duty I tried was around a hard elite, it would probably calibrate at 160-170 give or take.

David

Answered in the second post :)

Oops :blush

I have tried many of Tetting's old style grippers, very different feel.