G5 5.5inch

rniel

I have bent this one just last week but it took about 3 and a half minutes last time and lots of effort. I think this one from the beginning to end was just over a minute. Easy as hell. I went on to try a 5" one but only kinked it and couldn't finish. I think I got a crappy loose wrap on it though but I didn't have any more 5" ones in stock I will hit the 5" real soon.

Edited by rniel

Nice bend. You can always cut a longer bolt down to 5". ;):)

One minute? Nice going! I'm sure the G8 is just around the corner (well, as long as they're not hardened mystery G8's :fear )

Edited by The Writer

I tried the black G8 last week and I kinked it about 1 in and then just gave up. But don't want to risk any danger so waiting for my order to come in to try the good one.

One minute? Nice going! I'm sure the G8 is just around the corner (well, as long as they're not hardened mystery G8's :fear )

Awesome job!! :rock I'll bet that G8 is scared! You'll get it sooner than you think. Congrats on a tough bend! :cool

CONGRATS!!! The 5.5 G5 is a great milestone Ryan and you destroyed it :rock :rock

A 5.5" G5 is close to a G8. And a G8 is close to a Bastard! Very well done :rock

A 5.5" G5 is close to a G8. And a G8 is close to a Bastard! Very well done :rock

Oh boy I hope so. My goal is to hit the first certified bastard by end of June.

They're close but miles away! ;) Get the 1/4" square down to 6" and you'll be somewhere close. Even the 5.5". :)

They're close but miles away! ;) Get the 1/4" square down to 6" and you'll be somewhere close. Even the 5.5". :)

I suppose it might depend on your strength at different legths, but I got the bastrd before the 6" square, and have still never bent square at 5.5"

That said, 1/4" square is a good step between the G8 and bastard...as are 5/16" G2 bolts.

yeah I'm confused because I have some 1/4 square that I can bend it's hefty but not too bad, I think i've bent 5.5" but it could be hot rolled steel not cold rolled.

I suppose it might depend on your strength at different legths, but I got the bastrd before the 6" square, and have still never bent square at 5.5"

That said, 1/4" square is a good step between the G8 and bastard...as are 5/16" G2 bolts.

yeah I'm confused because I have some 1/4 square that I can bend it's hefty but not too bad, I think i've bent 5.5" but it could be hot rolled steel not cold rolled.

Also is a ironmind red nail somewhere in the close range of a bastard?

I do have a 7" 5/16 G2 that I have tried to do on a few occasions and have never been able to even kink that yet.

Edited by rniel

I do have a 7" 5/16 G2 that I have tried to do on a few occasions and have never been able to even kink that yet.

The kink is pretty tough because of the thickness, but once you got that it kind of melts because the steel isn't too hard. I think the 1/4" square CRS I got from FBBC is about the same toughness, so I don't know about your stock. I do have a bar of 5/16" round steel labelled "CRS" that is no harder than HRS, though, so there must be a ton of variation.