Millenium dumbell

budjeffries

Greetings everyone,

I think this is my first post on the Grip Board.  Guess I'm a comparatively amateur grip guy.  

My question is this, has anyone actually lifted a Millenium Dumbbell?  I know John Wood has lifted one in a top partial deadlift, but there are very few in existance for anyone to try on.  I'm not really asking about it grip-wise although it would definitely be nice to hear about if anyone has done it.  What I really want to know, is has anyone pressed it, two-handed clean or however getting it to the shoulder?  

Maybe some of you guys would know this.  Mr. Roark or Mr. Horne or anyone else who might be reading this.

Thanks ahead of time for answering.

God bless,

Bud Jeffries

Bud,

Steve Gardener (mobsterone) would have a good handle

on this situation.

I have not heard of anyone even deadlifting one with one

hand.

There are only three of them in America.

You'll just have to take my word for it that I tried

and failed :D

Yeah Bud, 80lbs pinch lift is nothing to sneeze at! Or, did you mean compared to your squat lbages? :) btw what grip stuff are you working on right now?

Who has the Millenium replicas in the united states?

Just out of curiosity what states are the owners of it in?

We would like to have a replica of it OR a thickbar Dumbell loaded up to 226lbs at our contest.(obviously not an event)

Just as a display,curiosity,conversation piece and offer a bonus to the first person to do it.Can Never say Never these days with all the unique and freaky athletes getting into th strength sports.I've seen some shocking things in the last few years......

Hi Bud and Tom. I replied to your previous questions over at Diesel Power. But here goes again :)

There are 7 in total (thus far) with three in the States and those are all owned by Kim Wood. The weight is 228 not 226 (that was my mistake a long while back). I was trying to set up a deal with Atmoic Athletic so ask him and see if he will help you to get one through me.

As Joe states and there's pics to prove it John Wood did a one handed support rather than a lift (I tried the technique and it works) That said it was still the best effort/trick thus far. Alan Radley can do an explosive snatching which is so powerful that the bell will move on to a telephone directory. However, by the time the bell 'lands' the hand is no longer in contact with the bell.

Anything else you guys wanna know please ask. BTW Bud that pic of you in Milo's brochures - MIND BLOWING!

Bud,

You're too modest.  I've been a fan of yours for quite some time now.  Most people don't know about your website, so I'll throw them a link right now.  It's time they got to know you better.  Welcome (a BIG welcome) to the GripBoard!!  :)

http://www.strongerman.com