23"x5/8 Hrs (16.00mm A36)

Paul Knight

Bent a 23"x5/8" peice of HRS from Metal Super-Markets that measured @ 16.00mm (A36). All this mid-bar stuff is about to get exponetialy more difficult - pretty soon the under the leg technique won't work, we'll see how far we can go w/this stuff - we got a good back and forth goin! :cool Video courtesy of: Eric Milfeld, also witnessed by Greg Griffin.

Also! got my first "Huge Shiny Bastard" last night! :D

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/120922138...2_890_42101.jpg

We had a night of PR's:

Eric had a PR on a Euro pinch style lift and was closing - MM style - what we think is equivelant to MM2 - Awesome!

and Greg hearted his first Ultralite 2 and performed a gripboard cert on a Red Nail! great job!

Uh Oh. . . . I foresee Mr Horne doing a 22 " piece real soon !!!!! :D Very nice bend Paul. You made it look pretty easy too!!!! Keep up the great work.

Paul,

Just seen your pm.

Hats of to you for a superb (and easy - gulp) bend!! :rock

I'll get you on as Numero Uno in a minute or so.

Onward and upwards my friend!

David

amazing once again, i was wondering whats your stregnth background? powerlifting, throwing, or what?

I think you bent that faster than I could do the same length of 1/2" HRS :blink

Amazing, still looked good for more. I think it will be a race to the 22" as its getting very close to where this stops for a quite a while.

Edited by Stew

My god man!!! Every time I think this race might slow down it just starts up and gets 1"+ shorter. Great bend Paul!! Now on to the 22", by the look of this bend you're easily good for it.

sub 2 feet with a 5/8 bar, man that's crazy. :rock

Awesome work man. I won't tell you what I've done recently until I get a video of it, but I think you are good for at least 22". We will be up on 20" pretty soon here. How is that crush starting to feel now? Hehehe. I was really starting to feel that "elephant standing on my hands" range closing in towards the end.

This is the same thing Tim T has been talking about with the short 1/2" hrs, we are running out of bar and you either gotta force it into a sharper bend radius than it wants or push the bend further down the legs. Neither are easy and both make the force of the crushdown ramp up hard.

Btw I don't know how the hell you are bending stuff this huge so frequently. That is a feat in and of itself. I need time to recover, you seem to have some kind of mutant healing factor or something.

My god man!!! Every time I think this race might slow down it just starts up and gets 1"+ shorter. Great bend Paul!! Now on to the 22", by the look of this bend you're easily good for it.

I have allot of confidence in what myself and others will be capable of but I predict it will really start to slow around 20". Of course I haven't even seen Paul slowed down at all yet so maybe that is just gonna be me. But the crush is starting to really ramp up and pulling under the leg is going to start loosing ground like Paul said and you gotta start bending them like a normal spike. Those 2 things are really gonna be a big hurdle for taking the 5/8" shorter than that.

WOW!!! :blink Congrats Paul!!! That is a sick bend my friend. And a Huge shiny too??? Man, what am gonna have to do, bend a 5.5 inch edgin??? :shifty

amazing once again, i was wondering whats your stregnth background? powerlifting, throwing, or what?

I think he is a martial artist. Well done Paul :rock VERY STRONG! How about a 30"*3/4" :D ?

I'm jealous of this one simply put. You guys are really giving me the itch to buy some 5/8 but I won't be threatening this bend or David's. 28 is my shortest hanging on the ol' wall and it wasn't easy.

I do think it's about to hit where every little 1/2 inch cut off will be very noticable though. Percentage wise it's more compared to the overall length and will really start to tighten up.

Tim, actually it's "elephant with a peg leg" ha ha!

Great job Paul.

Tim

I think he is a martial artist. Well done Paul :rock VERY STRONG! How about a 30"*3/4" :D ?

Paul's a Mixed Martial Artist and a former rock climber. With his physical abilities he could do anything he chooses. :D

Paul's a Mixed Martial Artist and a former rock climber. With his physical abilities he could do anything he chooses. :D

Hes only just scratching the surface with his bending abilities wait till hes got 12mths under his belt and hes a great all rounder as well congrats Paul :rock:bow

Man Paul, awesome bend bro!! I can't wait to get back up there and train with ya'll!!

MMA?! That is a frightening concept man. Are you actively competing right now and if so at what level? I had always wondered how much carryover there would be from steel bending strength to fighting and grappling. I haven't really had to do the later in a while since I started steel bending.

Eric could you calibrate the short 5/8" bars on your setup or are they too long?