New no3 and no4 grippers.

Guest Michael Daly

Guest 77-1005097254

I decided to purchase a new No3 and No4 from Pullum's and all i can say is that if they were akin to Super Heroes then my No3 would have the strength of "The Thing" ( my favourite ) from the "Fantastic Four" but the NO4 would have the power of "THE HULK"!!!!  

Now i know what people mean when talking of the spring being set low into the handles.The No3 is a fair bit harder than my old one, and feels stiff at the start and all the way!! I have not closed it yet, only getting it down to 1/8" away while bracing my wrist.The same day i closed my old one, but with just a touch and no more.

This is what i wanted. A No3 significantly harder than my old one. Now i have another challenge.

The No4 is double stamped and is set so low into the handles that i am sure the bottom of the spring is at least level with the top of the handles. As for closing it. It would be hard to believe that any human being could close it!!  I guess my old No3 would be at the "Spiderman" strength level.

Michael.

Guest mg6680

I purchased a 3 a few months ago and recently a new one last week.  Both are double stamped, but the new one feels significantly harder than the first 3.

I don't think that any two grippers are even close to being the same. I have purchased duplicates as well, and none of them are even very close. That's what I hate about the grippers the most, the inconsistencies. Sorry, I know we have had this discussion BILLIONS of times before. I wasn't trying to open an old wound. I get a headache just thinking about this subject!

Like Strossen says, "Just have FUN with the grippers!!"   :p  :hehe  :p

Which is why I want to close MY elite. I know what level it is because only one human has closed it (and it was measured for IP which DOES help provide some indication) and I know what level he's at with respect to crushing.  That's Heath of course.  So, when I close it, I will have an idea of where I am at.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I know my Elete is quite a bit harder than my #3. I have a double stamped #4 .I also agree with Michael , I don't know if a human could close this thing.But then again I thought that about the Elete when I first got it.Do the Elete's seem to be closser to each other than the IM ?

What company sells the Elite?I'm only aware of grip stuff from Iron mind,PDA,Sorinex?We mainly have Iron mind stuff,some thick ropes and a thick bar and our modified HAMMER STRENGTH gripper.

Weightlifters Warehouse sell the so-called 'Beef Builders'. Do a search on Google for a link. Peace.

I have two. An easy one and a beast. My beast is a wider handle spread one with a silver spring. Steve Weiner's is even harder than mine.

As a point of reference, the other elite I have doesn't even compare to this "older" style one in how hard it is.

The measurement statically closed is in the measurement thread above.

I guess that I got lucky with my double stamped #4. The spring is set at the same depth into the handles as all my grippers, and the handles are 3/8''  closer together than any of them. My number 3 is a tough one and the handles are further apart than any Ironmind griper I have examined and also harder to close than other #3.s I have tried. None of this affects my progress, and that it was it is all about, getting stronger. So no plans to seek an easy 3 and heat it up !

Guest 77-1005097254

Wannagrip. I think thats a good idea, getting someone at Heath's or David's crushing level to close a N03 and have some idea of the strength of that particular gripper. I am very interested into where my own NO3'S fit : "easier", "average", or "hard" level of difficulty. It is probably not as straightforward as this though. But I am going to enjoy the challenge of my new NO3, and when i close it, i will purchase another gripper at an even higher level of difficulty.

Michael.

I talked to Randy Strossen about the new #3.  He told me they switched to a new manufacturer about a year ago so they could get more reproduceable results.  I agree, my new #3 is much harder than my old one.  It feels like a couple of the very difficult #3's that I have tried - in particular the one hanging at Safe USA that nobody has closed and the one down at U of Iowa football weightroom.  I've closed my new one but it wasn't the first time I touched it!

As far as the Elites, we have 3 in our family and all of them are very different feels and difficulty.  Mine is very close to a #4, my brothers is not much harder than the new #3.  I finally pulled the handles off mine and moved them down about a half inch so I could close it!

Wade

Guest Jeff Roark

I got my #3 a little over a year ago. I have only tried a couple of #3 all which belonged to Heath. Heath also shut my #3 and he said it was the 2nd toughest one he had tried the first belonging to 3Crusher I think. On that note last night I probably had my all time best attempt on mine, I shut it down on to a Paper Mate ink pen and held it. I know I have a ways to go but I could of stuck two of those pens between the handles a month ago.