24" X 16.12mm Mid Length Braced Rec

David Horne

Just bent a 24" x 16.12mm hrs bar. Once again, same bars as the Champion of Steel comp, as I had a lot left over from that comp.

I haven't done any bends in about a month, so my strength is there, as all my training is good right now.

I'll load the video up later (well Elizabeth will).

David

Impressive! Nice work David!!!! :rock

Congrats! :rock ........................... gotta go back to work! hahaha :laugh

WOW David!!! I'm starting to wonder where this record quest by you, Paul, Tim, Nick, etc. will end. 20"? Shorter? My goodness man!! Great bend!!! I have my work cut out for me with the pace you guys are going at. I have no time to catch up buddy :D

Cheers guys!

Yes Paul, yourself, Tim, Nick, Stew, and a few others can all make it a fun challenge. Let's look at 23 and 22" before we think of 20" - but you never know!

Here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj93nFLwyyA

Hope you enjoy,

David

I don't know if I deserve to be included in that list given I'm still not even on the mid bar list and that I'm at least 2" away from everyone else :D Yeah I know, I'm just saying when will 5/8" bar bending stop? Sub 20" would be ridiculously amazing someday for someone to achieve that.

Great bend David!! Really amazing dude!! And Lucy was really cute cheering you on when you were bending :D

Absolutely brutal, great job David I had a feeling you may have a crack at the 24" sooner rather than later given how well your training seems to have been going on everything else.

I'm itching to get at these mid length bars and have bent a couple of mediocre ones over the last week but nothing that will trouble the your record or even the old one as I am still struggling with my bicep injury and dont want to agrevate it to much before the Brits..

That's an amazing bend. Thanks for sharing the video!

David,

Big congrats! Absolutely phenominal bend. You guys are really making me want to get into the mid and long stuff again.

Tim

Fantastic fight man. If you want to try the under the leg style I think it helps allot to be standing. You can turn your leg to push up against the opposite side of the bar from the one you are pulling on, it seems awkward kneeling like that.

Awesome bend David!! Makes me want to go buy some hrs!!!! :D

Boland,

Yes Lucy loves Thomas the Tank engine, and I must have watched about 100 of the shows now!

Derek,

There's no rush for you, just keep on having fun.

Stew,

When you're all sorted you will be demolishing some steel along with me. We'll line up another event later in the year.

timiacobucci,

Thanks for that. I may have another go or not. Not sure. The techniques I use now seem to do well.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments.

David

Fantastic bend Mr. Horne. The strugle was brutal. Way to push through it !!! :rock

Fantastic fight man. If you want to try the under the leg style I think it helps allot to be standing. You can turn your leg to push up against the opposite side of the bar from the one you are pulling on, it seems awkward kneeling like that.

Indeed!

Wow! Most impressive David!

Very nice :rock

Nicely Done David :rock