New Bends For Today

matthcarl

I know I just bent yesterday, but I was feeling good...and I just got my latest shipment of steel from FBBC. For starters the SCF Ultralites were calling me.

1) SCF UL #2 Bend Tried to heart it, but one leg bent completely over while the other remained straight. Oh, well

2) SCF UL #1 Bend Tried hard to keep the legs symmetrical on this one, but still couldn't figure out how to heart it.

3) SCF UL #0 Bend Didn't bother trying to heart it. Just did a nice fast bend past 180 with no extra padding to show I'm not that much of a wimp.

4) DC #2 Bend Then went for a harder shoe and hit a PR.

5) New Bastard Stock Next I had to try some of the new bastard stock that calibrated at 515 lbs :blink I wasn't sure how it would go since I had previously attempted a 6" and only got 4mm of kink. Luckily I am much better at 7" and at least managed to bend it. It wasn't easy, though, and had a much sharper V than any 5/16" stock I've seen before. I think I might be able to get the 6.5" but after that my ability drops off dramatically.

Ater that, I was feeling unbeatable, and tried a Shiny. I got a slight kink, then it started laughing. Ah, well.

Edited by The Writer

Well done :rock Have you calibrated that bastard of yours? If not then it might be harder than a Red but might not be 515 pounds.I only guessed because taking down a 515 will make you get more than a slight kink in a shiny. Except if that shiny is another freak of nature :blink Anyway well done again on a great bend :rock

Nice bends Matt !!! I definetly noticed mine have a much sharper v than the old stock.

Great job on that DC2! That's a tough shoe for sure!

I was also thinking now about the calibration of the new bastard stock. I've bent a few of them and even though they feel hard they just don't feel like they should cal at 515. Also the new shiny's are easier than thoose from before. Not by much but defenatly easier. Since the calibration on the shiny lands at 545, wich is probably from the old shiny's. The new ones shold land at about 525-535 by my guess.

Thanks guys. I am starting to doubt this bastard was 515. It was definitely harder than a 450 red, but not anywhere near a shiny or new hex, which I can barely kink a millimeter. I really would have to guess more like 470 or 480, but it's really hard to say.

Nice bends Matt!! :rock I had about the same luck as you did trying to heart the ultralites!! :blush Mine look like a squiggle. Oh well, congrats on some awesome bends! :D

Nice Bastard and shoe Bends Matt :rock Hard to see the shoe bends :blush

Thanks everyone!

Hard to see the shoe bends :blush

I apologize. You are quite right. Both camera and operator have issues. :( I've taken down some of the worse ones.