This Would Only Happen To Me...

Magnus

Decided to rip the old deck of cards that was missing the 3 of spades. Got the camera setup, hit the button, showed the deck, and then started ripping. Being that it was my first deck, and I'm no Clay Edgin, it took me about 3 minutes to get through it. I was really twisting the thing for all I was worth, and finally, *SNAP*, ripped it in two. Needless to say, and however unimpressive it was, I was pretty proud of my accomplishment. I then held the remnants of my prey up to the camera to display the carnage, hit the button again, and it then started recording :angry: But, to make the best of it, I did the next best thing. So here ya go: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7318

Edited by Magnus

Good job! I've never tried card ripping before, but phone books are fun, I would imagine cards are hard to keep in place while ripping.

Decided to rip the old deck of cards that was missing the 3 of spades. Got the camera setup, hit the button, showed the deck, and then started ripping. Being that it was my first deck, and I'm no Clay Edgin, it took me about 3 minutes to get through it. I was really twisting the thing for all I was worth, and finally, *SNAP*, ripped it in two. Needless to say, and however unimpressive it was, I was pretty proud of my accomplishment. I then held the remnants of my prey up to the camera to display the carnage, hit the button again, and it then started recording :angry: But, to make the best of it, I did the next best thing. So here ya go: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=7318

I taped a monster v-bar lift one night, came back and uploaded it. Then deleted it!!

I've had several video failures on bends, usually because of batteries dying mid-clip. It can be pretty disheartening, especially if you're totally wiped and know you can't do it again that day. Oh, well. Anyway, you're not alone, and nice card tearing.

No worries, if you did it once you will do it again :rock

Ha! It happens to us all! Several times in the process for MM certification something happened if I remember correctly :D Pissed me off at the time but worth smiling about now.

Good job w/the cards BTW

Edited by showlarson

Thanks a lot, guys!

Edited by Magnus

I've only had that happen once. And that was when I certed on the red nail, I got home and formated my camera by accident. Some pretty sweet bends gone, just like that. And it's not like I can re cert on the red :cry

But the next time you try thoose cards you'll probably do it faster and make it a better vid because of it

Could be worse... you could find the 3 of spades...

Congrats!

:laugh :laugh :laugh Rofl, that's funny...thanks, btw.

Nice I been trying that feat and am getting no where so good for you. :D

Just for the heck of it, while were on the subject of cards, I'll throw in some impressive videos:

This ones's Pawel's vid. He's pretty fast:

Here's one of my youtube-friend, delmole85. He's a weight thrower, but he's got a scary grip, and he's just all-around really strong. If you watch his other vids, you'll see one where he clicks an hg300 for 12 reps, deadlifts 560 like nothing, single-hand deadlifts 405, and powercleans+frontsquats 315 for 9 reps.

Here's one where he tears one long-ways:

And alot of you have probably seen this, but it's without a doubt the fastest card-tearing I've ever seen, EVER.

It's Clay Edgin...need I say more? Twists it like a piece of warm taffy:

:bow

:bow Edited by Magnus

dont worry u will do it again easier :-)

the motto says:

if u can do it once u can do it again-)

Just for the heck of it, while were on the subject of cards, I'll throw in some impressive videos:

Here's one of my youtube-friend, delmole85. He's a weight thrower, but he's got a scary grip, and he's just all-around really strong. If you watch his other vids, you'll see one where he clicks an hg300 for 12 reps, deadlifts 560 like nothing, single-hand deadlifts 405, and powercleans+frontsquats 315 for 9 reps.

And alot of you have probably seen this, but it's without a doubt the fastest card-tearing I've ever seen, EVER.

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun02 Tommy heslep has fastest card tear possible at 1 sec even does it that fast with the cover on! Clay is about two seconds long. Watch the second video 'dealing poker'

Edited by shizen

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun02 Tommy heslep has fastest card tear possible at 1 sec even does it that fast with the cover on! Clay is about two seconds long. Watch the second video 'dealing poker'

Wow. :blink Uh, okay, Clay has the second fastest tear ever :laugh

Edited by Magnus

Wait, just timed them, Clay's took 1 sec., Tommy's took about 1/2 sec.