Help With My Crush

lightweight

As an example I've been able to bend a red nail and a 6"x1/4" square to about 70 or so degrees and then it just stops. What have you guys done to help strengthen up your crush?

Thanks

As an example I've been able to bend a red nail and a 6"x1/4" square to about 70 or so degrees and then it just stops. What have you guys done to help strengthen up your crush?

Thanks

70 degrees isn't the crush, its the sweep, which is much different. And I'd just recommend isos, isos, and a few more isos :D For actual crush stuff, you could get a car spring (I can't remember the name of the spring, someone help out?) and do isos and crushes on it.

I have trouble there too, on shorter stuff. Nothing but practice seems to help, I'm afraid.

Thanks

70 degrees isn't the crush, its the sweep, which is much different. And I'd just recommend isos, isos, and a few more isos :D For actual crush stuff, you could get a car spring (I can't remember the name of the spring, someone help out?) and do isos and crushes on it.

My bad, I thought that was the around the start of the crush. How often can I do iso's? I bend twice a week right now, would I replace doing some full bends on one of the days for iso's? Do them both days at the end of a session? The beginning? Add an extra day for iso's?

Sorry for all the questions on that, I just don't want to overtrain and wear myself out.

Probably just need to rest a little more from time to time and bend it a little more Before the crush :)

Thanks

My bad, I thought that was the around the start of the crush. How often can I do iso's? I bend twice a week right now, would I replace doing some full bends on one of the days for iso's? Do them both days at the end of a session? The beginning? Add an extra day for iso's?

Sorry for all the questions on that, I just don't want to overtrain and wear myself out.

It depends how used to training you are. Given that you are a newbie to some extent I'd probably say at the end of every workout, so you don't wear yourself out beforehand. You could do one or two less bends per day so you're not completely toast for these. If you're not putting any power into it you won't get anything out of it so it depends how worn out you are at the end of the session. If you still have energy normally, just add them on, if you're always worn out, subtract a few bends then add isos.

When you get more advanced some people can do isos 4 or more times a week or some I think even do them every day, but you need your tendons to be VERY well conditioned and you to have almost NO DOMS in order for that to work. Otherwise it'll just absolutely destroy you and you'll end up injured.

No problem at all with the questions, if you have more, feel free to ask. I will be happy to help and I'm sure everyone else will be too.

Derek, that would be a valve spring you are referring to. If you go to an auto parts store, look for the "HELP!" products. They have some car door springs that would work also.

Concerning the sweep, just do like Derek said, isos till you are exhausted. Before you know it, that sucker will move!! ;)

I would still do full bends for a warmup but for the actual workout why even bend the first part if you can do it already? Whatever your weak point is just do it more and make it stronger. The kink doens't really matter if you can't finish it so get your crush up first then go back and do the full bend.

Also have you tried things that ramp up more on the crush yet like a g8 or f911 or square stock or stainless? These all have relatively easier kinks compared to the crush and will work your crush harder which is what you are looking for.

If you aren't used to isos or max effort stuff remeber to keep pushing, if it doesn't move at first after a second or 2 don't stop, sometimes it can take as much as 5-6 seconds before you will reach max power and this is needed more on a hard crush and may be something you are not used to.

I do alot of cheat kinking and work crushing it down get some pipe kink it down to were you want to work it and keep hitting it work's for me. :D

Thanks for the advice guys!

Sounds like long, hard iso's after my sessions are the way to go. I've been messing with them a bit, but I'll do them seriously now.