Chokers

justiceislost1988

i don't know how to use them or what to use i know a lot of you use hose clamps but it really seems like they would get in the way and possibly come off enough to pinch pretty good when the gripper is closed and opened any help would be great :D

The hose clamps don't get in the way as much as you would think. Just grab below the clamp. Make sure you get quality clamps, as cheap ones will pull apart and could possibly injure you! :blink

Another route is to go to Fastenal, or a farm supply store and get a big ol' washer. Just measure the widest point across the coil of the gripper, and get a washer with a big enough inside diameter to just fit over it. Set the gripper to parallel, and slide the washer on. Voila! Choked to parallel. For grippers with thick springs, just file notches out of the inside of the washer till it fits over. :cool

i don't know how to use them or what to use i know a lot of you use hose clamps but it really seems like they would get in the way and possibly come off enough to pinch pretty good when the gripper is closed and opened any help would be great :D

An exhaust clamp also works well.

Be careful/mindful when using chokers, I've trimmed (grabbed and chomped)the end off my finger whilst being a tad blase with them! They can bite! ;):)

i've seen a couple of people put the washer on the spring it looked like is that okay?

It can be on the handles, it can be on the spring. When it comes down to it a choker limits movement, that's all.

Auto Zone clamp's $1 to $2 work great !!!!! :D

Exhaust clamps are much stronger, give you more room on the handles, and won't pinch you.

So, for say a BBM, what size inner diameter for the washer should I get to make it parallel? If this makes sense...

I use a hose clamp and it does slide down the handle; but not by much and it is easy to push it back up into place. I like the hose clamp more than a washer as I can adjust the distance.

Seems like hoseclamps would be considered cheating by you since you base a lot of your comments on what the oldtime strongmen would use or do...

Seems like hoseclamps would be considered cheating by you since you base a lot of your comments on what the oldtime strongmen would use or do...

not quite hose clamps are good to make gains for grippers and grippers aren't really an oldtimer thing anyways there is no need to bring up what i am or am not against in a completely seperate thread it's very dramatic that you insist on "making fun" of me and my opinions to start an argument for absolutely no reason at all :D on another note i went to the car parts store and got a hose clamp and it works great thanks for the help guys :rock