Fighting With #4 ! Ideas

ewokhugo

I know there are some guys here having trouble to close this sick gripper...(#4)

I think its usefull to share some thoughts to help these great athletes ... maybe a begginer can give a great idea to a very advanced guy ... its very possible! each one its different but a GREAT idea may touch someone's heart :-) lets see...

Now its my turn : lol

1) (very sick idea): put a small weight (1kg) attach to the gripper(the gripper will weight about 1,250 gr?)try to close it (maybe using BBE) ...

2) Find a machine to close a gripper aroung 4.5 and take 5-7 do to the negative part ...("Gripinator"?/"Secret weapon"?)

3) Work your R+P doing 2HP (2 20 kg can be used here) then lift one hand in the air and hold the weight with the R+P of the other hand.(be carefull)

NOTE: i am not an expert by ANY means and i dont have any intention to claim i know things .

Edited by ewokhugo

R+P pinching is a good idea for anyone that feels a need to bring up those weaker fingers. I have occasionally done that.

You have once before talked about the idea no 1, I still don't understand what do you exactly mean? :)

My advice to anyone on any level and as a note to myself too, the most important thing is to never even consider giving up. Hard work will bring results but it takes time. There really are not any "secret" exercises or routines, that get's you to #4 close. As boring as it sounds, it's mostly just old fashioned hard work.

"You have once before talked about the idea no 1, I still don't understand what do you exactly mean"

i mean using a small rope+ 1 kg weight and attach both to the springs...

What about some Stuff to INCREASE the lenght of the hand?

some armwrestlers told me their hands become bigger after a coulple of months ...

"You have once before talked about the idea no 1, I still don't understand what do you exactly mean"

some armwrestlers told me their hands become bigger after a coulple of months ...

Sorry, I still don't get the idea behind this? :)

But as for hand length, it will not change when you are grown up. Hands can get thicker, that's all.

"Sorry, I still don't get the idea behind this?"

its like training basketball ... they use some weight attach to the ankles , when they take off the weight they jump higher...

lol i thought this idea may work ... if someone train with the extra weight for 5 singles and cant close complety the last time, after a few rest and without the extra weight he will close it.

The purpose: ~Promote confusion to the hand.

Just doing constant negatives till your hands want to die seems to have worked for most of the #4 closers. I've done a negative on my #4 its pretty painful especially for the pinky, hard to imagine some people doing multiple negatives on it.

Just doing constant negatives till your hands want to die seems to have worked for most of the #4 closers. I've done a negative on my #4 its pretty painful especially for the pinky, hard to imagine some people doing multiple negatives on it.
Negatives are good, but I don't think you need to ruin your hands in the process by doing too much of them, more conservative approach can lead to #4 close as well I think. Severe negative should be used sparingly in my opinion, it's not the only thing that will make you stronger.

Increasing the size of he hand? I believe the pianist Robert Schumann did that trying to get bigger hands...dislocated and permanently paralyzed his pinky ;)

Only thing that might increase hand length is Human growth hormone, which would also increase bone length in a lot of places like face... A bigger hand would not make crushing strength any easier really, just make no setting easier.

Ok everybody listen up. Here is the secret to close'n the #4. "Squeeze really hard". You need to stop all yer grip training & just focus on the #4.Dont forget the extensors & finger walking. Thats if you really want to close it? 4-get about hand size & genetics & just train yer butt off!

Ok everybody listen up. Here is the secret to close'n the #4. "Squeeze really hard". You need to stop all yer grip training & just focus on the #4.Dont forget the extensors & finger walking. Thats if you really want to close it? 4-get about hand size & genetics & just train yer butt off!

Yeah, that sounds like pretty sound advice...coming from the man himself :bow

today i had a conversation with my germain friend Pierre about the power behind everyone of us ... spirituality its so important ... l(GOD its behind this power)-)

advice doesn't get much better than that and the person saying it definately has the credentials :D

Good to know I was on the right tracks! :)

what about your pic Temmu ? i have noticed its been a while since u dont have any ...preparing yourself to squeeze really hard your #4, and then take a picture??