Julien Beck 65

Eric Detoisien 60

Joonas Asikainen 65

Samuel Grot 60

Eric Evrard 55

André Jeannin 82.5

Jerome Cuendet 55

David Huerzeler 82.5

OHDL on solid 2' long bar. (right + left)

Frank Henritzi 78 73

Raphael Pomey 53 53

Julien Beck 73 68

Eric Detoisien 53 63

Joonas Asikainen 63 63

Samuel Grot 68 63

Eric Evrard 73 63

André Jeannin 80 78

Jerome Cuendet 63 43

David Huerzeler 78 80

3' Lockout from below knees (alternate grip)

Frank Henritzi 223

Raphael Pomey 193

Julien Beck 213

Eric Detoisien 133

Joonas Asikainen 213

Samuel Grot 133

Eric Evrard 193

André Jeannin 253

Jerome Cuendet 133

David Huerzeler 243

Medley:

Frank Henritzi 26

Raphael Pomey 2

Julien Beck 13

Eric Detoisien 6

Joonas Asikainen 16

Samuel Grot 1

Eric Evrard 7

André Jeannin 25

Jerome Cuendet 5

David Huerzeler 27

Climber curl 15kg:

Frank Henritzi 26

Raphael Pomey 4

Julien Beck 16

Eric Detoisien 0

Joonas Asikainen 17

Samuel Grot 1

Eric Evrard 11

André Jeannin 20

Jerome Cuendet 2

David Huerzeler 17

Farmers walk: distance (1 unit is more or less 5m) * total weight (kg) (squarish handles)

Frank Henritzi 3 * 230

Raphael Pomey 15 110

Julien Beck 24 110

Eric Detoisien 13 110

Joonas Asikainen 6 230

Samuel Grot

Eric Evrard 15 110

André Jeannin 6 230

Jerome Cuendet

David Huerzeler 12 230

Final points + rank:

Frank Henritzi 58.8 2

Raphael Pomey 24.5 8

Julien Beck 43.3 5

Eric Detoisien 25.8 7

Joonas Asikainen 46.7 4

Samuel Grot 23.2 9

Eric Evrard 32.8 6

André Jeannin 55.0 3

Jerome Cuendet 22.1 10

David Huerzeler 65.0 1

A very nice day, André Jeannin was particularly impressive (a beginner!!!). Franky lost the competition on the last event (in was just slightly in the lead before that). Totally trashed the rest of us on the climber curl like apparatus, and set a new German pinch record (calibrated plates, yes!). Tja (Joonas) has little training behind him, and some good potential, very nice guy also!

I made a huge 15kg PR in the pinch (those who have seen me at the euros will remember my impressive 67kg !! :) ), I think I had a little more in me, but my skin did not agree.

The Fondue and night at the bar after that was quite memorable (except for Franky, who remembers nothing :tongue ), lots of drink, some stupid armwrestling, good fun. Franky's right arm this morning did not move and had a huge haematoma, pretty scary!! :whacked

One of the best editions IMO

:)

Many many thanks again to Ironmind and Heavy grip tools for sponsoring the comp, and to Gazza for providing some world class bends for the trophies (people where amazed).

congratulations to all you guys :rock looks like frankys on fire :D

Oh, and if anyone has ever lifted that 25kg blob from Heavy Grip tools, please tell us!! this has just become a (very) long term goal of mine :) . scary piece of iron.

Oh, and if anyone has ever lifted that 25kg blob from Heavy Grip tools, please tell us!! this has just become a (very) long term goal of mine :) . scary piece of iron.

Hey David, if you can pinch it to a full deadlift with one hand, I will give you a 30kg block for free :rolleyes

Congrats to everyone - I can't believe that something I made in my garage was an event in a grip contest in Europe! It really is a small world isn't it?

Very nice lifting, men!

Franky, congrats on that new German record and the win!

What country is Andre from? I've updated the top 50 pinch list and wish to name his home country.

Congrats to everyone - I can't believe that something I made in my garage was an event in a grip contest in Europe! It really is a small world isn't it?

What exactly is this thing? The "Climber Curl" I assume is what you made. Description or pic would do nicely. ;)

Sounds like a good comp other than that arm injury. Congrats to everyone! :D

Hey David, if you can pinch it to a full deadlift with one hand, I will give you a 30kg block for free :rolleyes

Noted! :tongue

the climber curl device is bottom right corner here: http://www.stylesdevelops.com/climber511/E...?page=GripTools

actually we were using a kind of homemade replica. The original is much better made!! But mine did the job. I don't know how close it is to the original in terms of difficulty, Franky can probably enlighten us.

Eric, André is Swiss.

Edited by the swiss

Well, an interesting day (and night) to say at least.

Whats wrong if you wake up the morning and can't move your arm at all which looks like this

Bruised

???

I have zero memory of the after comp party but was told that it was pretty funny.

I asked my girl why I can't use my arm anymore.

She: "Oh that? You did several hours of arm-wrestling". :blush

Even with my lefty which I broke the last time I tried that kind of stuff, nice ...

To the comp:

Actually my plan for the comp was smart enough and could have done the trick (focussing on wrist curling). But the Farmers killed me (again).

To less overall body strength.

I'm happy with the 92.5kg pinch.

I saw several great guys again (like Erik and Raphael) and met some new ones (like tja, a super nice guy).

Most impressive feat for me was David closing the #3 with a CC set with absolute ease lefty and righty in the first event. :bow

Thanks for the great dinner and all the alcohol David ... :whistel

Well, an interesting day (and night) to say at least.

Whats wrong if you wake up the morning and can't move your arm at all which looks like this

Bruised

???

I have zero memory of the after comp party but was told that it was pretty funny.

I asked my girl why I can't use my arm anymore.

She: "Oh that? You did several hours of arm-wrestling". :blush

Good job, Franky! Very nice Pinch :rock And of course big congrats to David for another win of the swiss grip comp :rock

Sometimes my arm looks similar after armwrestling competitions. Armwrestling is tough fun :blush

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Great win David :rock

Sounds like a great time was had by all and well done on the german pinch record Franky! Vidz? :cool

Edited by verdigriz

Noted! :tongue

the climber curl device is bottom right corner here: http://www.stylesdevelops.com/climber511/E...?page=GripTools

actually we were using a kind of homemade replica. The original is much better made!! But mine did the job. I don't know how close it is to the original in terms of difficulty, Franky can probably enlighten us.

Eric, André is Swiss.

Actually - that is a DARD from almost 30 years ago - not a Climber Curl.

Thanks David for hosting a wonderful day! I really enjoyed my first competition. Events were great, especially the medley with a big variety of different lifts. Ever thought about a dung fork curl? :)

I was very happy about getting the #2 with CCS righty. Also positives were the thick thumbless lockouts, medley, climber curl, farmers walk. Evidently, I'll need to work on my thickbar strenght as well as 2HP.

It was great to meet the new guys, especially Frank and David. They were both crazy strong and very nice! Congrats on all the PR's!

Also performance of Andre in 2HP and thick bar lifts was impressive. I was happy to get my friend Samuel convinced to take part. I think he's got potential, he never did any grip training and got to a few mms from closing the #1.5 righty. He also beat me in the one-hand-axle.

Too bad I had to take off right after the comp. Sounds like you had great time afterwards!

In my experience, during competitions, few people help loading/deloading the implements, probably saving their energy for the events. Tja, and Franky were always there to help me out.

Great guys.

How did you bring up your pinch that much?

After all, you were struggling for years.

Franky, this thing will never happen... :tongue

Awesome comp Guys!!! Congrats on your Pinch Record Franky :rock:rock

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, I'm Julien BECK. Thanks David for the comp. I really enjoyed it.

Even if we don't tell a lot of time ( my english is enough bad :( ), it was a pleasure to meet Frank & Joonas :cool:rock

Frank you're the 2H pinch master, very impressive!

I finished just after Joonas ; David, Frank & André were too strong.

I hope I'll be able to compet last year.

I'm a newb in grip/pinch but thanks to these comp, i'm interested to grip & pinch and i go on it at home

Hi everybody, I'm Julien BECK. Thanks David for the comp. I really enjoyed it.

Even if we don't tell a lot of time ( my english is enough bad :( ), it was a pleasure to meet Frank & Joonas :cool:rock

Frank you're the 2H pinch master, very impressive!

I finished just after Joonas ; David, Frank & André were too strong.

I hope I'll be able to compet last year.

I'm a newb in grip/pinch but thanks to these comp, i'm interested to grip & pinch and i go on it at home

Thanks Julien, it was good to meet you, too! And welcome on the Grip Board.

• 2 months later...