Next Level?

Erdbeere

So, I have been a member a long time but I have not been very consistent in my griptraining.

Recently I took up grippers again and today i managed to close my HG300. It is not calibrated

but it is definitely harder than my RB210. What gripper would you guys consider to be the next step?

Erdbeere

It depends on gripper variance. Some good ones I could recommend (in order of difficulty) are: BBSM, RB240N, RB260N, and the BBGM and RB240 are probably a little above #3 level.

i agree with Derek:-)

if u dont have a different brand besides hg or rb ,try a new coc or bb ...

if u were u ... pick a brand new coc#3 and try to become mash monste level 0 .. thats i am plan to do soon:-)

Is the gap between HG300 and CoC #3 so large that I will need a CoC #2,5?

Congrats on closing the HG300.

I would guess that your hg300 is harder than a #2.5 given by the fact that most RB210 are harder than a #2.5 and with your hg300 being harder than your RB210, I guess that a 2.5 is weaker.

The RB240N and 260N would be around the RB210 and a regular RB240 or RB260 are about #3 strength. So the best gripper I would go with is the BBSM

Congrats on closing the HG300.

I would guess that your hg300 is harder than a #2.5 given by the fact that most RB210 are harder than a #2.5 and with your hg300 being harder than your RB210, I guess that a 2.5 is weaker.

The RB240N and 260N would be around the RB210 and a regular RB240 or RB260 are about #3 strength. So the best gripper I would go with is the BBSM

But my BBSM is a 2.4, well easier then my RB210 (2.6) so it varies. I'd say the 240N and 260N are fairly consistently above the RB210, with a harder crushdown.

My 210 and 240 are 2.8's. My 260 isn't much easier than my perfect #3 and my 300N is a tad harder than my #3. A 240/260/GM are what I would suggest :happy

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

My SM is right where it should be, between a 2.5 and #3.Grippers vary but what the hell getting an SM cant hurt.

Grippers vary so much, it is hard to say what yours are, and what you would get if your purchased something new.

If I had to pick one, and it is a guess, the most likely odds of getting what you need (which is, I think, the closing of a gripper in the near or intermediate future, not "long term", that is harder than what you have already closed) would be a RB260N.

I think it would be a 2.7 to 2.8, if it falls where it should. A GrandMaster is going to be, if typical, 2.9, a SuperMaster might be 2.4 to 2.7. Most "regular" RB 260's run at 3 or even a little tougher.

My choices, in the following order for what you have described, are:

1. RB260N

2. RB240 (may be harder than 260N)

3. SuperMaster by Beef Builders (perhaps easier than 260N)

4. IM 2.5 (could be too close to your HG300 or RB210)

5. Stay away from GrandMaster, RB260 if you want immediate gratification of closing a more difficult gripper

Hubgeezer

Purchaser of over 25 different levels of grippers

Certified Public Accountant

Frequent Practitioner of SWAG (Sophisticated Wild Ass Guessing)

Just look at the gripper ratings FAQ and select the next one down.

The post he speaks of would be Post # 74, entitled "Gripper Ranking Updates". You will see that the chart, which is the best ever produced, is not consistent with your own experience.

I have been living in the 2.5 to 3.0 World for 7 years. That being said, it is a complete Crapshoot.

Study the chart, read the posts again, take your chances, spend your money. :D

Most HG300's are slightly harder than an average CoC 2.5. I have a hard HG300 that's about a CoC 2.8-2.9. Considering that yours is already harder than your rb210, it's probably pretty close to a #3, so there's not much in between, unless you have an easy rb210. But, if it's just that hard, I would go for a CoC #3 , BBGM, or RB240.

Edited by Magnus