Sam Solomi Certification

Bill Piche

Well done Sam. Whoever opened the package had some pretty thick wrists/hands.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoC#3

• Bill Piche

• mobsterone

• ewokhugo

Well done Sam. Whoever opened the package had some pretty thick wrists/hands.

That'll be me. Handsome brute too ha ha.

Gave it my best go, closed it first time, but, as per Steve's posts above, had some problem cutting the video down so it can be sent via email to Wannagrip. Gripper goes back to Jedd today.

Well, you just basically negated his cert by posting these links in public before they could be judged.

Of course, my guess is you didn't read the rules Steve. :whacked

I am asking for a ruling from the judges though BEFORE the videos even get looked at. This is the first time this has ever happened.

"8. The close must be video taped. The video must be of sufficient quality to take a CLEAR still of the gripper handles shown touching (the equivalent of taking a still picture with a camera). The video must then be submitted to Wannagrip for judging. VHS, 8mm, 8mm digital, or digital format from digital cameras are fine. ANY posting of stills or video clips before the attempt is officially judges and the attempt will be deemed INVALID."

PM me. I removed your posts with links pointing to all the attempts.

Well, you just basically negated his cert by posting these links in public before they could be judged.

I am asking for a ruling from the judges though BEFORE the videos even get looked at. This is the first time this has ever happened.

"8. The close must be video taped. The video must be of sufficient quality to take a CLEAR still of the gripper handles shown touching (the equivalent of taking a still picture with a camera). The video must then be submitted to Wannagrip for judging. VHS, 8mm, 8mm digital, or digital format from digital cameras are fine. ANY posting of stills or video clips before the attempt is officially judges and the attempt will be deemed INVALID."

Quite correct. Nor was I provided with any. Nothing in any of the PM's etc. Anyway, I've sent a PM explaining what's what and hope, for Sams sake (as per the PM) for the best.

Quite correct. Nor was I provided with any. Nothing in any of the PM's etc. Anyway, I've sent a PM explaining what's what and hope, for Sams sake (as per the PM) for the best.

Interesting response Steve.

I saw that coming as I saw the link and thought, damn, the rules don't allow that. :whacked What a shame if this ruins it for Sam!

Steve told me that the file was too big to be attached and sent via email. Same reason he couldn't send it to me either.

I told Steve when he had the video that he has to email it to Wannagrip for judging, not just post it on youtube or something then provide a link here on the GB. If i don't pass the cert, it is my fault for not explaining the rules or printing off a set of rules to show Steve.

Edited by CoC#3

Interesting response Steve.

Any reply I put up now will be a waste of time and effort so I'm drawing a line under this and getting my head down for Saturday.

Given the expense of a Euro cert and given I removed the links quickly and other factors, the attempts will be judged. BUT, let this serve notice that there are RULES to follow for the certs. :)

Is the gripper on it's way back to Jedd?

Videos are now in the judges hands.

Yes. I sent the gripper out yesterday. Jedd you will have to sign for it.

The attempt was judged with 3 reds. Here are the synced up comments made by the judges:

The sets look too deep and I can't see the gripper closed.

attempt one is too far away and then Steve touches his forearm disqualifies this attempt.

attempt 2 he tried too quick and he didn't close it.

attempt 3 looks like it might be closed but I am not sure, and the set looks too deep anyway, so no close in my opinion.

man i thought the first attempt was good i'm sure you'll get it next time sam :rock

fair enough, understandable that it didn't pass, will take the comments on board and try again in the near future!!

fair enough, understandable that it didn't pass, will take the comments on board and try again in the near future!!

You have a great attitude, Sam. I'm sure you'll get it next time.

Great go at the MM1 Sam. I'm just thinking that you'll be even stronger the next time you get your hands on those grippers!!! :rock

Thanks. I'm confident that you will get cetrified next time you touch this gripper, we all know you can close it. Having tried it myself i appreciate how hard the video is to get right.

Unlucky Sam, this result is no judgement on your ability, you are way stronger than an MM1 as you have proved many times. Next time mate, next time.

You have the strength, just do it again, bro!

Having tried it myself i appreciate how hard the video is to get right.

Sam, a professional Mash Monster certification cameraman might be a lucrative career for someone. :tongue