Recent Progress On My Hg300

Magnus

This is my current progress on my hard hg300 (this one = easy CoC no.3). I was hoping to be a bit farther than this by now, but I injured both wrists recently and had to lay off the grip training for a bit. I've been seriously training for about a month, now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7oASSCOz8

Those things wear out easier though, so not sure how equivalent to a CoC 3 it would be. I think 350 is closer to a #3 though. Either way your very close if you use little deeper set you could probably get it now.

Edited by shizen

Those things wear out easier though, so not sure how equivalent to a CoC 3 it would be. I think 350 is closer to a #3 though. Either way your very close if you use little deeper set you could probably get it now.

Thanks man. It hasn't hardly been closed yet, maybe 10 attempts on it, and I just measured this one at 145lb 2 days ago, and there haven't been any attempts on it since, so it hasn't gotten easier since then. I was told that a regular #3 is 152.5.

Edited by Magnus

Don't oil the spring. Don't do anything to make it easier.

My 300 and #3 are almost identical, and my 350 is way harder than the #3.

Don't oil the spring. Don't do anything to make it easier.

My 300 and #3 are almost identical, and my 350 is way harder than the #3.

Exactly, that's one of the reason I don't oil them. Second reason is...I just kinda like it squeaky ;)

My 300 and 350 are pretty much the same as yours. My 300 is about a CoC 2.8-2.9, and my

HG350 is nearly as hard as my BBE.

Edited by Magnus

The oiling kinda works against you. I closed my dads 300...later to find out he oiled it because of the squeaking. When a few buddies found out I closed it and wanted to see, I of course failed on my 300 because it's harder. LOL.