Holding The Spring

Pancake Sprawl

well, i'm working on the #3, and i can't help but hold the spring until i close it like half way and then i begin my real fight with it. i've closed it twice doing it like this but i'm not consistent. i will post pics of how close i usually get it down to. i'd just like to know why do i do this? and why can't i close it without doing this. the sweep for some reason seems TONS easier when i do this. also, is there anyway that i can strengthen my hand to where i don't have to do this?

btw, i've been training with the #3 for about 4-5 weeks now. i'm pretty new to grip, i've only been training for about 5-6 months now.

gallery_13424_906_937812.jpg

gallery_13424_906_580050.jpg

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

No need to look. I'm one of several grip athletes that have used this technique in the past. Like using a machine over free-weights it stabilizes the 'bar' as it were. However, use a finger or the least touch you can and use it less and less as you get better. Also only on the hardest grippers.

I loved holding the spring when I first started! Take Mobster's advice-I couldn't have said it better myself.