Crushing An Apple

darthsith19

Yesterday at lunch, a tried to crush an apple using one hand. It kept slipping and I couldn't crush it (I tried this a couple of months ago as well). So I used 2 hands and it was hard, it took 3 attempts before it exploded. My friends said it was probably impossible to crush an apple with one hand - I told them some people could probably do it, like Magnus Samuelsson or somebody. Has anybody here ever crushed an apple using 1 hand? Also, has anybody ever crushed a can of pop like Magnus Samuelsson did?

Edited by Josh H

I have crushed a soda can first time I tried. It took me a few hits but I did it. I have never crushed an apple even if I try to dig my fingers in I still cant do it, only tried it a couple of times a long time ago though.

There are many people who can crush an apple and pop a can.

... Also, has anybody ever crushed a can of pop like Magnus Samuelsson did?

I think a better question is if anyone crushes cans like Joe Kinney did! :D

In his Get a Grip DVD, Joe explodes a beer and it sounds like a gun shot. He says that's the way to tell if you're doing it right. If you get a little *pop* like Magnus, I think it means you pushed a finger through.

Paul Savage here on the board has a good apple crush on YouTube.

Tommy (Gripper42004) also crushed potatoes on the Tonight Show :yikes

Crushing cans and apples aren't a big deal.

Not to people who can do it :happy But to A LOT of people outside the grip world, crushing an apple or a can is mighty impressive. Most people just give it a squeeze or two and give up OR they just aren't strong enough. Once you get involved in grip/strongman, you'll find that crushing an apple or a can, as Alawadhi said, isn't a big deal :rock :rock

well its probably near impossible to do it with some big apples if you have small hands. The only apple crushes I've seen are done with small ones, usually not very hard either. I think its very easy to do it with fingers, but yes definitely fairly hard with just crush.

My friends said it was probably impossible to crush an apple with one hand - I told them some people could probably do it, like Magnus Samuelsson or somebody. Has anybody here ever crushed an apple using 1 hand?

Crushing an apple isn't impossible - it's VERY possible... it all depends on a few factors like the size of the apple, the type of apple, what the moisture content is like (a low to very low moisture content makes it all the harder to crush), how strong your grip is at the time and who exactly are you trying to impress while doing it! :happy I crushed an apple on video and it was very strange because it exploded in half (?) and the rest I just ended up turning it into applesauce ;) ... all goes to the fact that if the great and mighty Sybersnott can do it - then so can a lot of other people as well... (i.e. it's not really THAT impressive a feat) :(

As for cans, I would be more specific and say that crushing cans with chest crush as most seem to do it isn't a big deal.

My friends said it was probably impossible to crush an apple with one hand - I told them some people could probably do it, like Magnus Samuelsson or somebody. Has anybody here ever crushed an apple using 1 hand?

Crushing an apple isn't impossible - it's VERY possible... it all depends on a few factors like the size of the apple, the type of apple, what the moisture content is like (a low to very low moisture content makes it all the harder to crush), how strong your grip is at the time and who exactly are you trying to impress while doing it! :happy I crushed an apple on video and it was very strange because it exploded in half (?) and the rest I just ended up turning it into applesauce ;) ... all goes to the fact that if the great and mighty Sybersnott can do it - then so can a lot of other people as well... (i.e. it's not really THAT impressive a feat) :(

Exactly my thoughts. Ditto on potatoes. They might have even been soaked or cooked.

As for cans, I would be more specific and say that crushing cans with chest crush as most seem to do it isn't a big deal.

Of course. No one did the way Joe did. And there is one man (on video) who forced his thumb through a can.

I think Sam's said it before...you can split an apple or potato easily by forcing your fingers into it but to crush is a different thing...also size matters...I've crushed a smallish cox's orange pippin before(the one's with the rattly pips) :)

I once crushed a very large grape with ONE hand. Didn't even have to dig my thumb or fingers into it ;)

I once crushed a very large grape with ONE hand. Didn't even have to dig my thumb or fingers into it ;)

Nice one! :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:tongue

I think Sam's said it before...you can split an apple or potato easily by forcing your fingers into it but to crush is a different thing...also size matters...I've crushed a smallish cox's orange pippin before(the one's with the rattly pips) :)
Potato is not easy even by forcing your fingers into it.

the grape is absolutely incredible! :ohmy i succeeded on the can the first try i havent tried an apple yet but i'm definately not intimidated potatoes on the other hand :blink i guess that's how you make mashed potatoes when you are certified on the 4 :D

I can crush an apple more times than note, depending on the apple. I haven't tried a potato, but I have my doubts about it.

Tom