Hand Tilting When Levering

rolf

Whenever I do my static levering training (i.e. just lifting my Wrist Reinforcer off a table), I tend to tilt my wrist to the backhand side. It's similar to the tilting when closing a gripper. The reason is different, however. I do it because the handle end tries to slip out of my hand if I keep my wrist straight: there is just nothing to stop it, especially when doing front levers. So, do you guys consider this cheating, and more importantly, does it ruin the exercise? If so, what to do to stop the handle slippage?

Whenever I do my static levering training (i.e. just lifting my Wrist Reinforcer off a table), I tend to tilt my wrist to the backhand side. It's similar to the tilting when closing a gripper. The reason is different, however. I do it because the handle end tries to slip out of my hand if I keep my wrist straight: there is just nothing to stop it, especially when doing front levers. So, do you guys consider this cheating, and more importantly, does it ruin the exercise? If so, what to do to stop the handle slippage?

chalk?

chalk?

Not much help when there's practically nothing over the handle to stop it from rising. If I keep my wrist straight when levering to the front, my pinky pad is mostly alongside the handle, not above it.

Choke up higher on the handle(thus better grip) and add more weight to make up the difference? Or, just add an extension piece to the end of the handle(ie:a piece of pipe). It should all be pretty relative either way, so whatever is the easiest I guess.

Choke up higher on the handle(thus better grip) and add more weight to make up the difference? Or, just add an extension piece to the end of the handle(ie:a piece of pipe). It should all be pretty relative either way, so whatever is the easiest I guess.

I'm sorry if I'm being somewhat fuzzy here, I blame it at least partially on my ESL-ness.

The problem isn't the handle length. It's just that with my wrist straight, the pinky pad is next to, alongside, the handle, not above it. If I turn my hand so the palm faces more downward I'm fine. I'm just wondering if this makes the lift lose some of its effectiveness.

Edited by rolf

I think it is just natural way to do it, I think I've understood what you mean and I do it as you described. It is no different to grippers, you do it to help the handle to stay in place.