Extreme Pinch Grip Training

naturalstrength

This simple contraption has yielded great results for me in a short period of time. It is especially useful for training individual finger strength. Remember to keep a true "pinch grip" on the coin, training each individual finger.

I likey! I'm going to make one this weekend :D

I likey! I'm going to make one this weekend :D
Good stuff!
Nice job!!! I love it!! :rock

Glad you found it useful :D Best of luck!

Looks like you can use a washer ifn a suitable coin isnt around, thanks for the idea and im gonna make one, ive already fabbed a hub lift

Very nice. Have you seen any crossover frorm this exercise to other grip disciplines, like grippers for instance, or thick bar? Just wondering. Looks very tough on the thumbs.

Thats a great idea,I think I will try it.Thanks for sharing. :)

Brookfield talks about using a quarter for the same purpose in one of his books. If he uses it, you know it has some merit. I think its one of the best for the thumb.

Edited by Anuwbius

Very nice. Have you seen any crossover frorm this exercise to other grip disciplines, like grippers for instance, or thick bar? Just wondering. Looks very tough on the thumbs.

Yes. I have seen a great improvement in my gripper training for instance. I could barely close the CoC #1 and can now mash a CoC#2 after about a month training on this device. I have also increased my thickbar training considerably in terms of weight ( I use the 3 1/2" diameter bar). It has also helped my reverse style bending. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

Looks like you can use a washer ifn a suitable coin isnt around, thanks for the idea and im gonna make one, ive already fabbed a hub lift

The only problem with the washer is that the "eyehole" may help you to more easily pinch grip the device. That is why I advocate the half dollar piece or equivilant and drill the hole near the bottom of the coin where the chain can attach. Also, the imprint on the coin will serve as some level of "gripping" surface.

• 2 months later...
Bringing back the old thread, are you using Susan B. Anthony dollar? That one is kind of tough to find, the recent dollar is only slightly bigger than quarter. Maybe JFK 50 cent coin? By the way Dennis Rogers is selling commercially (probably from strongergrip.com) this one http://dennisrogers.net/productview.php?uid=33.

No worries, he said it's a foreign coin :)

Edited by Magnus

My speakers are missing from the move, lol. I did research, Eisenhower dollar is the largest US coins (that is affordable for this purpose), they can be found close to their face value, and it's 38 mm in diameter, compared to 26 mm for the current dollar.

Man, you have a lot of great ideas. Actually, I was just thinking about drilling a coin for that purpose for future coin bending then I saw your video. I haven't tried your mop head idea yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Cheers!

Bryce