My Current Progrss On My Hg300 & Hg350

Magnus

I've been training seriously for about 3-4 weeks so far. This is my current progress on a hard hg300 and average hg350. I know it's not impressive, but it's a huge improvement from where I started. What do you guys think?

HG300

HG350

Guest NailBender
I've been training seriously for about 3-4 weeks so far. This is my current progress on a hard hg300 and average hg350. I know it's not impressive, but it's a huge improvement from where I started. What do you guys think?

HG300

HG350

Good squeeze Magnus!

I wish I could get my HG 350 that close. It looked like to me

there's not much difference in the 2 grippers.

I can get within a 1/8" on my HG 300 and not even parallel

on the 350. I promise my HG 350 feels very close to my #4's.

It's the toughest HG 350 I've ever seen.

BTW, I do realize there's a lot of variance with HG's.

Keep up the good work.

NailBender

HG300

HG350

Good squeeze Magnus!

Keep up the good work.

NailBender

I hear ya on the HG350 Nailbender, I have one that is a friggin' brick!! WAY harder than a #3!!

For only a month of training thats pretty dang good! It took me almost four months of training before I could close the 300. I can get the 350 down to about 1/4" now.

The 350 is a beast, and definitely harder than my #3.

HG300

HG350

Good squeeze Magnus!

Keep up the good work.

NailBender

Thanks guys. Yeah, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two. The 350 is still harder, but the 300 is unusually hard. Just for ref., I've also got a hard 250 (about 121lb of lat. pressure to close), and there's still even a huge jump between the 250 and 300, so I think I may have just gotten a freak 300. But, you're right, the 350 is a beast.

good work!

I can close my hg300 (2.2-3) but the hg350 is way harder than the #3s I have tried..and even on the sweep and attempted crush...no easy parts, I think the new hgs are much better in quality, even the hg250 I tried recently was consistant to the close, good cheap grippers imho.

good work!

I can close my hg300 (2.2-3) but the hg350 is way harder than the #3s I have tried..and even on the sweep and attempted crush...no easy parts, I think the new hgs are much better in quality, even the hg250 I tried recently was consistant to the close, good cheap grippers imho.

Thanks! And yes, I believe the new ones are better. They changed the spring material or sth, and none of mine have seasoned nearly as bad as people typically rag on them for. This particular HG300 is very hard, about a 2.8, so it's not far off from the 350.

Edited by Magnus

I also agree that the newer HG's are better in quality. I measured all of mine as soon as I got them, and only one of them has shown any seasoning, and that one has only narrowed about 1/8" inch.

My HG300 is also very tough. I can close my dads 300, but I'm still 1/16" from getting mine, and about 1/4" from the 350. I can CCS the 2.5 and get the #3 within 1/8" as well!

Edited by lukeamdman

I also agree that the newer HG's are better in quality. I measured all of mine as soon as I got them, and only one of them has shown any seasoning, and that one has only narrowed about 1/8" inch.

My HG300 is also very tough. I can close my dads 300, but I'm still 1/16" from getting mine, and about 1/4" from the 350. I can CCS the 2.5 and get the #3 within 1/8" as well!

I've actually got a vid on my u2b acct. showing how little they have seasoned on me. The one that seasoned the most (of coarse) is the 100 (3/8in). On all the others, there's nearly no seasoning at all. Btw, good work on the #3! I don't own one, but my closest gripper is my 300 (2.85), and I can get that to about 5mm, so you're a fair way ahead of me.