Blob Plus 12 Pounds

The Natural

Again EASY lift for a heavy weight :rock The recond to my knowlege (sp?) is with Wade. Blob plus 25 pounds.

Edited by Alawadhi

Great lift, look forward to seeing how much weight you are able to lift in the future

Nice lift.

Hey brother where you from?

I noticed your shirt Belanger Power sport on the vid.

That happens to be my last name.

Are you a Belanger also.

Edited by Steve B.

Most impressive! :rock

Nice lift.

Hey brother where you from?

I noticed your shirt Belanger Power sport on the vid.

That happens to be my last name.

Are you a Belanger also.

Hey man,

I'm a Hubbard, not a Belanger. :) Belanger Sports sponsored the very first WABDL powerlifting meet I ever did, in northwest Florida in 2001. And somehow I STILL have that old T-shirt. It should have fallen to pieces long ago, as much as I have worn it. Just too sentimental about it to stop wearing it.

Thanks for the kind word.

Great job! Am I correctly assuming it is an original blob? I am thinking of rolling out the original for a open all comers contest during our June open house. Weights will be added as in the you tube vid and a prize will be offered for the top lift. As I have said before the Original is a "bear" and even Tex and during Chads Grip gauntlet try were both stopped by a upright pinch ( amazingly, they both have made it lying on face) If anyone wants to be truly king of "The Blob".............it sits right here with all the "bragging rights" attached!RS

Richard, the blob is a York in this lift that I have. It is not one of the very rounded sided ones like your original one though.

- Aaron

Acorn, Thanks for the info and the honesty! Still, a great lift and on a YORK !!!! Congrats!!! I would truly appreciate for you if ever in the area to be given a try and get your valued input on the exact object that started the Blob craze and be given all the credit your efforts brought!! RS

Great job! Am I correctly assuming it is an original blob? I am thinking of rolling out the original for a open all comers contest during our June open house. Weights will be added as in the you tube vid and a prize will be offered for the top lift. As I have said before the Original is a "bear" and even Tex and during Chads Grip gauntlet try were both stopped by a upright pinch ( amazingly, they both have made it lying on face) If anyone wants to be truly king of "The Blob".............it sits right here with all the "bragging rights" attached!RS

I would like to see Scott George's blob next to the original during this showdown and see whether the Fatman or the Super guns down more gripsters!

I confess I don't know all the minutiae of this sport. I just go over to my friend Aaron's house once a week and play around, and whatever type of blob he has (a York), I call that a "blob" and everyone else does too. Whether or not it's a real, original blob is something others would have to tell you. But I'm more than willing to give it a shot at some point. Come June I don't know what I'll be capable of--most likely blob plus 20.

This here blob plus 20 .....................................it would be the best grip thing I have seen in many many years. I would gladly cover some side bets on that one. Wade Gillingham is truly the best I ever have personally seen. But as he agrees some of the old ones are very very tough. I would even bring the original to the Arnolds next year for him or you to try with extra weight and truly reign supreme with the success. If you are that strong and confident I am excited and hope the O Blob and you can meet to set new level of excellence.RS

This here blob plus 20 .....................................it would be the best grip thing I have seen in many many years. I would gladly cover some side bets on that one. Wade Gillingham is truly the best I ever have personally seen. But as he agrees some of the old ones are very very tough. I would even bring the original to the Arnolds next year for him or you to try with extra weight and truly reign supreme with the success. If you are that strong and confident I am excited and hope the O Blob and you can meet to set new level of excellence.RS

Yeah, I love for people on this board to have fun with this, so if you guys really want to see that, I'll focus more on it than on other feats.

Natural,

That would be "Super Cool" :rock Best of luck!!!

Yeah, I love for people on this board to have fun with this, so if you guys really want to see that, I'll focus more on it than on other feats.

Would love to see you get it. Just some friendly advice: I'd count on lifting at least 30-32.5# on Aaron's York to pull 20# on an old school one, assuming Aaron's is 50 and not 52.5.

Natural, How close do you live to Columbia SC?RS

Right now I'm in Tucson but I spend the summers in Alabama and Georgia. I used to even have a hang-out in Charleston, SC, right next to Sullivan Island (mainly because of the girls! :D ) So I'm really close to you during the summers.

Natural, Great! We are all looking to see what you got! You are welcome here at the compound! I will start feeding the O Blob so it can be heavier for you! RS

As I have said before the Original is a "bear" and even Tex and during Chads Grip gauntlet try were both stopped by a upright pinch ( amazingly, they both have made it lying on face) If anyone wants to be truly king of "The Blob".............it sits right here with all the "bragging rights" attached!RS

Thanks for the invite to the compound! Sounds like a fun field trip.

But I have a question. In the quote above, you said that Tex and Chad picked it up by the face but could not pick it up in the normal way. I've curled a blob by the face ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7MJW6ExDY ) and I was under the impression that this is, generally speaking, a MUCH harder thing to do than a normal "upright" lift. So is the O-Blob special in that the by-the-face lift is actually easier, generally speaking, than an upright lift? If so, then the shape of it must be very different than what I have in mind. Would you happen to have a picture on file?

Thanks,

Rex

"But I have a question. In the quote above, you said that Tex and Chad picked it up by the face but could not pick it up in the normal way. I've curled a blob by the face ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7MJW6ExDY ) and I was under the impression that this is, generally speaking, a MUCH harder thing to do than a normal "upright" lift. So is the O-Blob special in that the by-the-face lift is actually easier, generally speaking, than an upright lift? If so, then the shape of it must be very different than what I have in mind. Would you happen to have a picture on file?

Thanks,

Rex"

REX you are the real deal!! :rock

Edited by bigmatt