Progress with the secret weapon

Guest mg6680

Guest mg6680

I had some correspondence with Joe Kinney regarding his tape and training methods.  He was more than willing to share his techniques and offered me his last SW.  I started training with it last week.  Heres how the first two workouts went:

At Sybersnotts advice I started w/some light weight to get the feel of the machine.  Although its designed for negatives only you can do some full range sweeps with it w/lighter weight.  It was a different feeling for me as, unlike the grippers, the weight is consistant all the way through the motion.

The second workout I started with some heavier weights.  It's really not too bad with my stronghand.  However, I didnt lower the [heavy] weight when I switched to my off hand and it really pulled hard for about 3/4" until my hand grabbed.  It was very painfull.

When the weight starts to pull my hands apart the bar makes a transition over the pads of my palm and its very painfull.  What I have to do for now is to hold it closed until the bar reaches my first knuckles then transfer the weight into my fingers (kind of like a sweep negative).

The soreness is unlike that of the grippers.  My hands get very sore at the first joints.  It feels like the machine is pulling your fingers off your hand.  I'm only able to do about 6-8 quality negatives now.  Its hard to believe anyone can focus through the pain of 50 negatives.

Morgan