General Table Questions

perrymk

I have several general table questions

Are the holding pins and pads easily removed? It seems to me they should just require a wing nut but they may be bolted on more or less permanently. Can a wing nut be used?

What is the table top made of? I'm guessing wood but don't actually know.

It may be different tables made by different companies are different, but any info will help me. My reason for asking is I have an idea floating around in my head trying to get out of an arm wrestling training apparatus that could be easily attached to and removed from a table, but would require some drilling (two holes) and moving the side pads and holding pins out of the way. In the meantime I hope to build my own table for testing purposes to see if my idea actually works.

Which brands of tables are made in the US?

At the risk of sounding political, if I actually get an Economic Stimulus check I plan to buy US made goods.

Thanks in advance.

Perry

Peg is fixed. Pads are easily removed. Wing nut is fine. Made of wood and covered by some pad then usually vinyl.

Most tables are home made. Even the ones sold on-line is usually just some guy making them.

I think you will just fine making your own.

I'm building just a table top (use it on a stone platform or something).

Is it worth trying to get the placement of the pad exact (getting the spaces between here and here exact, etc.)? Or should I just throw the dang thing together and start pulling?

I haven't made my table yet but your info is just what I was looking for for.

I did, however, make a prototype of my arm wrestling apparatus. It's just a prototype. I'm sure modifications will be forthcoming.

arm wrestling apparatus

Edited by perrymk

I did, however, make a prototype of my arm wrestling apparatus. It's just a prototype. I'm sure modifications will be forthcoming.

arm wrestling apparatus

Great idea! If you fastened it to the table top with some pipe straps, you could really go for it! :rock

arm wrestling apparatus

interesting

That is a pretty cool design. Like a cheaper version of the table-thing in the Secrets of Pro Armwrestlers DVD...