Ccs Training

popeye76

what would be the best way to train the CCS close, just practicing it with a gripper you can already close or what do you all recommend?

Well, all of my training sets are CCS and I use grippers that I can close. You can also use grippers that you can't close and attempt to close them from a credit card distance.

Well, all of my training sets are CCS and I use grippers that I can close. You can also use grippers that you can't close and attempt to close them from a credit card distance.

what he said basically.

I train pretty much only CCS at the moment, just replace how you would warm up and train normally for all CCS, that will get you into the swing, pending on how you train wether its low vol. reps, make shure you add the CC between each set, or in my case i train towards forced closes. Sometimes when you're going for a CCS close on a hard gripper you cant close you may feel you dont have time to put the CC in and still make the close, in which case try setting it approx. and closing it, if you can do that comfortably do it with the CC.

I tried to get proficient (when I was learning to set) w/a light gripper prior to trying it on a harder gripper for fear of 'learning' the wrong technique and making it hard to overcome the poor technique.

Actually, when I train the CCS, I don't insert the credit card. I just close the grippers from the open position, so I don't know if that counts as CCS.

Set a gripper you can already close in a hose clamp at CCS or a big washer from fastnel this will work that area of the close. Also set one at MMS and work the crush try it see how it work's.

Actually, when I train the CCS, I don't insert the credit card. I just close the grippers from the open position, so I don't know if that counts as CCS.

What your doing is no set training or closing the gripper without a set. This is crazy as it may be a completely different set and certainly isn't a CCS. CCS can be infact harder than no set, esepcially if your hands are on the smaller side, as it takes some energy to hold the gripper in a partially open state whilst you insert the CC.

thanks for the tips guys.i have been training with a MM set for a good while now and have just started training with the CCS in hopes of getting certified on the #3 one day.

thanks for the tips guys.i have been training with a MM set for a good while now and have just started training with the CCS in hopes of getting certified on the #3 one day.

Are you closing your #3 with MMS already? If you aren't, I would first work up to that, only after that start working more on wider sets when you are getting ready for the cert. If you are training other aspects of grip as well, don't worry about the wider sets too much, exercises other than grippers take care of the sweep. Personally I only throw in a CCS single here and another there, but my CCS isn't that bad compared to my MMS.

CCS can be infact harder than no set, esepcially if your hands are on the smaller side, as it takes some energy to hold the gripper in a partially open state whilst you insert the CC.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that!